I love reachability

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Skylitfly, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Skylitfly macrumors 6502a

Best thing ever. I have the regular 4.7" iPhone 6 which is fairly easy to handle even without it. But once I got used to reachability... God, it's a killer feature. This phone is so easy to handle. Now I wonder why my HTC One m8 doesnt have this.

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

I think Samsung does it where they shrink the entire screen both vertically and horizontally. I didn't really care for it as it was still hard to reach the 'top' of the now shrunken screen and the gesture to activate it was not reliable. With reachability though it seems like a nicer option since the screen goes down further than it did on the Note 3 and hopefully the double tap is reliable and not as frustrating.

3. MaximoMark79 macrumors newbie

4. Fredo C macrumors member

I thought it was a gimmick when I first saw it during the keynote, but it has been a really useful feature that makes the Plus a lot more enjoyable.

5. GoSh4rks macrumors 6502

Useful, but the action used to invoke the feature doesnt seem ideally implemented. The action is finicky for me.

6. Anya B macrumors 6502

Anya B

I'm loving it and it now seems really natural to use. The reviews after the keynote said it was a gimmick but I find it an integral feature, a bit like the swipe backwards/forwards etc.

7. d.steve macrumors regular

So far I'm finding easier to use two hands. Maybe I'll see the light at some point...

8. urkel macrumors 68030

Reachability is one of those features that people pre-hated. They saw how ugly it makes the screen that they deemed it useless before actually trying to use it in their workflow. Its ugly, but it works.

9. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

i found that only time need to reach corner is trying to reach back button... in android back button is always on bottom of the screen. It is always easy to reach. You can also rearrange you app icons eyed wherever you want. You really do not need feature like reachability. I found that reachability is actually quite limited. It does not entirely shrinking down UI so that you can still type using one hand. It just shrinking down UI when you need reach the corner... I wish the keyboard can shrink down to the left or right so that you can type using one hand.

10. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I agree. When I first saw it, I said what a joke but I use it sometimes on the plus. More than I thought :)