I Love Shiira!

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
Its awesome! As stable as 'Fox or 'Mino, but it looks hella cool, and I dunno, I like the lil' icon too.

Its cute, and functional. Me loves Shiira. Shiira cool!

Here's a screenshot of the icon set, and theme I have chosen: (Already built-in, no hunting down for a half decent theme, unlike 'Fox and co)

Attachments

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
josh.thomas said:
Its cute, and functional.
It does have a real nice look to it. Have you run into any particular limitations as compared to the better known browsers that you consider drawbacks? BTW, how did you get the green coloring in the iTunes windows?

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
Deepdale said:
It does have a real nice look to it. Have you run into any particular limitations as compared to the better known browsers that you consider drawbacks?
None. Drawbacks in Safari were that it was slow, and didn't load some webpages (more annoyingly, my router page). Bonusus were, it looked good, and didn't take up much system resources. It tied in nicely with the other iApps.

Drawbacks for all other common known (Fox, Camino) were that they were damn ugly, and even with themes they still, to me, didn't look 'right'. I also hated the way Tabs were organised in both apps, and it just felt too 'fiddly' to get right.

Shiira looks awesome. I have it set to Aqua icons, the square ones, with the brushed metal look - which can all be set from the Prefs, no downloading etc. I also made the icons smaller by right-clicking the icon bar as it looks more 'refined'. The tabs are organised in the same way as Safari by default, but you can customise them as to how you want them opened/organised. Its a brilliant app, and I'm glad its Uni. to run on my MB when I get it :D

Deepdale said:
BTW, how did you get the green cloring in the iTunes windows?
I only found this out myself yesterday! Its actually REALLY simple! You can either make your own Colourscheme, by downloading ThemePark, although its only a trial and costs $20.

Or you can download an iTunes '.rsrc' file (basically, its holds all the graphics that make up the look of iTunes). You back up your old one, and drag the new one into the correct folder, and voila, new colour.

You can customise LCD colour, scroll colour, button colour, everything, with ThemePark. Its brilliant! All my information is from Markkk! He's a genius! PM me if you want exact info. on what to do. :)

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
josh.thomas said:
You can customise LCD colour, scroll colour, button colour, everything, with ThemePark.
Josh, I appreciate all the info provided. I may PM you later for details on how to make those color changes.

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
Deepdale said:
Josh, I appreciate all the info provided. I may PM you later for details on how to make those color changes.
Dim probs. (No probs, Welsh..)

I think I went over board with the amount I typed.. but I was excited... :eek:

solaris

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
Oslo, Norway
josh.thomas said:
Drawbacks for all other common known (Fox, Camino) were that they were damn ugly, and even with themes they still, to me, didn't look 'right'.
I tweaked Camino to look as close to your screenshot as possible.
Do you still think it looks damn ugly? ;)

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
solaris said:

Oooh, aren't we clever! ;)

Nah, it looks t'rific! Too bad its stealing its little sweety-like buttons from Shiira! lol

Anyway I can make my Camino like that, dude?

Anyway, my iTunes beats your iTunes so there! :p

nonregulator

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2005
I love shiira, but the site hasn't been updated in months... and the forum on their page has been defaced by ads. I fear for Shiira's future! Does anyone know what is going on with the development?

aquanutz

macrumors regular
I used Shiira extensively since it was in .6 dev. I loved it, it was so much faster than Safari. However, in the recent past I switched to Camino because Shiira didn't keep my passwords all too well and other reasons I don't recall. I may pick it back up again some day, I love switching browsers.

MacSA

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2003
UK
solaris said:

How do you get Camino to look like that?

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
josh.thomas said:
You can customise LCD colour, scroll colour, button colour, everything, with ThemePark. Its brilliant! All my information is from Markkk! He's a genius! PM me if you want exact info. on what to do. :)

oo snaps given me credit :p

I love Shiira. I like the tabs expose & then loading ... turn page thingy.

THAT thingy. It's cool, but only when you have a fast internet connection & computer.

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
lol as sad as this is... that turn page thingy just got me sold. i'm gonna download it and give it a shot when i get home from work today. :)

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
ResExcellence was a great site 'till Scott left & came 2 new owners who turned it into a stupid wiki with no ''content'' :mad: