I *LOVE* the 20th Anniversary Macintosh!!!

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by ClassicII, Feb 2, 2010.

1. ClassicII macrumors 6502

ClassicII

Hey Guys!

We have plenty of *LOVE* threads here but I really think we need one for one of the most amazing mac's ever built. The 20th Anniversary Macintosh!

Ever since I saw this computer over 10 years ago I knew I wanted to have one. I could never afford it though, so over the years I would always keep an eye out for the perfect deal. I was lucky enough last year to get one that was broken but in real great shape for a perfect price. It would turn on but not chime and the LCD would not turn on. Luckily I was able to fix it!! It turned out to be a bad 4.5V battery!

The best thing is I use my TAM every day! I hooked a coax cable to the back and use it to watch DISH network. I tune in to the SIRIUS Satellite radio tv stations. I can then utilize that fantastic BOSE sound system!!!

[​IMG]

Anyway lets hear about your stories or post a picture of your TAM!!!! :)

2. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

This was my old signature!! I got mine off ebay for around $200. Its a bit scratched but its not noticeable. Its a 500Mhz G3 upgraded and has the full 128Mb (OMG) of ram :p i love to listen to cd's with it. even though i have better speakers theres just something lovely about using the TAM. I used to watch T.V. on it sometimes too

ill post pics later

P.s. My TAM has a problem where the keyboard types in all symbols. I have tried to change settings but nothing happens. I think its something to do with key caps (setting) but i dont know. I tried a different keyboard and it worked fine so im a bit upset. I opened up the TAM keyboard and it was all clean in order too. Anyone know?

3. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Sounds like the Option key is stuck. Open the Key Caps Apple Menu Item to see if it shows Option always held down.

4. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Add me to the list of TAM lovers - unfortunately I havent found one I can afford yet - but theyre truly beautiful machines, and I hope to have one someday - It would be the crown of my Mac Collection next to a prototype 128K or 512K Macintosh.

5. ClassicII thread starter macrumors 6502

ClassicII

Bumpo just found a nice cover to protect my TAM. :)

6. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

7. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

9. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Ever seen one in person?

10. ClassicII thread starter macrumors 6502

ClassicII

He probably hasn't, as it is really amazing in person.

People forget that this was designed 15 years ago.

At that time this is what a computer looked like.

[​IMG]

11. ClassicII thread starter macrumors 6502

ClassicII

Yes!!! it came with the original shipping box and 3 internal boxes.

It also came with the apple invoice and Bose recall letter.

It was sold for $1999 if i remember right. That was the final clearance price before they were discontinued.

Sadly it was missing the cd's and case, pen and pencil. I am going to keep an eye out for them though.

12. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

i got mine a month ago, , it came with everything that was originally in the box , found my Tam in austria, then i sourced a G3 upgrade card for it too , these upgrade cards are getting harder and harder to find ,but was lucky , i found one in chile