I love the 5S / SE design over the 6 / 6S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by akash.nu, Jun 10, 2016.

1. akash.nu macrumors 68000

akash.nu

I just love the 4" squared off design. Biggest mistake ever for me to get the 6. Although for work purposes I need to buy the next model but my personal phone needs to be a squared designed easy to hold device.

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

You've stated this many times in previous threads. I am surprised you found a need to start your own thread simply to repeat this thought.

3. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

The 5 series was ok, I liked mine, but the body eventually separated from the screen/internals. The screen isn't as good, no 3D Touch, and 40% less contrast.

4. akash.nu thread starter macrumors 68000

akash.nu

What?! how did you manage to do that?

5. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

I didn't 'manage' to do anything, it did it all on its own. And to the first three 5s Apple gave me, but those were bad out of the box, new.

6. greatness macrumors member

to each his own. either way, AAPL made money from all of us. our loss is Apple's gain (or something like that).

7. akash.nu thread starter macrumors 68000

akash.nu

Wow... Never had such experience with any of my iPhone.

8. akash.nu thread starter macrumors 68000

akash.nu

Don't think our loss is their gain to be honest. Our loss means we don't buy more devices so their loss as well.

9. Toltepeceno, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016

Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

I love the 6s / 6s plus design over the mini phone. Guess I just cancelled you out.

Actually I would put size ahead of design and I absolutely cannot use a mini 4" phone well with my hand size. My wife still has a 4" iphone and hates it, I am getting a 6s Plus. She will be getting a 7 plus in a few months.

I actually like the moto x pure design better than any of the iphones, curved back and small bezels, but design takes a back seat to a few other things also.

Anyone that likes the blocky, squared design can put a spigen tough armor on an iphone and it feels just like the old design.

10. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Before the iPhone SE, before the iPhone 5s…was the iPhone 5.

You love the iPhone 5 form factor.

11. KillaMac Suspended

Mine also separated from the body.

12. Sunny1990 macrumors 68000

Sunny1990

I on the opposite like iPhone 6 round design than that of squared design of iPhone se.

13. Patron_Saint Suspended

I'm torn. I love the 5/5S/SE design, but the 6/6S is elegant in its own right. That being said, the 6S/Plus line is more functional, especially the Plus. For me that makes it the better option.

14. DMVillain macrumors 6502a

I just picked up an SE to see if I'd prefer it over my 6s Plus. I love the 5 series design, but iOS has been scaled up so much that it seems cramped on a small screen. Especially the widgets, they look pretty bad. I'll be returning the SE next week.

15. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

Never had a iPhone before the 6s, but I got to try a ip5 for a few days and really quite liked it.

The one-handed aspect and the superior way my thumb could hit any key with near perfect accuracy was very nice.

I could appreciate why this size was so loved by many. And it's really not that much smaller than the 4.7" as some let on.

16. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

I have all 3. The 6s Plus, 6s and SE. I can put my sim in whichever one I want and go with it... For some reason I stay with the SE and don't go back to the plus or 6s.

The design is absolutely more iconic as the 6/6s design. Also the difference in the SE and the 6s is not $250 worth of difference. The specs that were kept out is stuff I really don't use. 3D Touch is Blah! My kids will take some selfies, but this one is just fine. The screen is a screen... Whether it's 1400:1 or 800:1 they both look fine.

The fact is the SE has the A9 and 2 gb of RAM and that's what makes the SE a beast coupled with the design

17. LovingTeddy macrumors 6502a

LovingTeddy

The design of iPhone 5/5s/SE is classic. Though iPhone 6 and 6S round edge design feels better when you holding it. Bigger phone and round edge is perfect combo for me.

iPhone 6 and 6S offers better display, especially the display is better, shaper.

I perfect 6 and 6S over iPhone 5/5a/SE. Hack, I prefer 6Plus or 6S Plus over any other iPhone.

Bigger screen = the more comfortable to use and better movie watching experience.

18. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

I agree with some of this. Yes for the Plus model it is better watching movies on, but as far as the regular 6s goes between a 4.7" and 4" display the difference isnt really that huge.

You can almost get as much content on the SE as you do on the 6s.

19. itsray macrumors 6502

after owning a 6 plus and now a 6s plus I cant use an iPhone 5s again. I tried to in the beginning of the year and it was too small. still a good phone though.

20. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I've posted screenshots in another thread before. The difference is almost negligible (aside from the keyboard). Like 2 tweets vs 2.4 tweets).

21. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

This is sorta what I figured... I knew it wasn't major

22. rijc99 macrumors 6502a

rijc99

23. LovingTeddy macrumors 6502a

LovingTeddy

It is massive difference when you browsing webpages. It is huge difference.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You see way more of webpage on bigger screen, there is less zooming or scrolling.

[​IMG]

The keyboard itself takes more than 1/3 of the screen.

Posting on Macrumors on iPhone SE takes lots of scrolling, if you are going to post somewhat long post

P.S. It takes me 24 scrolls to go from top of the page to bottom of the page.

24. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

There is a big difference in web browsing, but I think even a 5.5" screen is less than ideal for prolonged browsing. Therefore, I won't base my phone choice on web browsing.

I don't have an SE, bUt I browsed for years on my 4S, so people can adapt.

25. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Curiously what phone is the "bigger screen?" Because I have not noticed this much difference between the SE and 6 or 6s