I love the Apple Store!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joshwithachance, Jul 9, 2011.

1. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

For the past few months my home button has been getting worse and taking multiple presses to do anything. So today I finally decide to book an appointment at the Genius Bar to see if I could get a replacement because I know this is a hardware issue that can't be fixed. The guy was like "Your phone is 16 days out of warranty, but it's whatever. Let me get you a new phone." I was done with my appointment, with a brand new phone, and out of the store within 10 minutes. I am SO pleased with their customer service!

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Congrats... I've always had great service at my Apple Store
    and so have my kids :)

Good luck with your new iPhone!

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

4. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

It's good to hear your experience was pleasant & successful. I've always had terrific services from several of the Apple stores in my area. My observations reveal, the customers who are nice to them, and don't act out like the fanbois tend to do, receive very good service and are always accommodated even when out of warranty. I know I have.

5. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Love the apple store as well. Apple replaced my iPhone 4 about few days before my warranty expire on my iPhone 4.

I avoid warranties.

6. mrdm macrumors regular

Me too!

11 days out of warranty with the exact same issue. So happy to have a new phone. I felt very lucky that the Genius was able to reproduce my home button issue. It was not recognizing the press about 1 out of 200 touches. It was getting gradually worse and this is why I took it in.

7. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

LOL i thought you meant the Apple Store, online :eek: .... so I'm thinking ok that's a no brainer, I could hang out there 24/7.

Silly me. I'm glad you had a great experience in a "real" Apple Store :)

8. singlestick macrumors regular

Glad to hear you had a good experience. The Apple Store near me is usually busy, especially on the weekends, but the service is good, and the staff uniformly courteous and helpful.

9. Nicolas4ever, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011

Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

Ohhh that's good!!!I love their service but in Greece we don't have apple stores :( . But in my country (France) they have apple stores and i went a few times and is awesome!!!

10. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Yes, they usually do the right thing and that's why their customers are so fiercely loyal. The horror stories I read on the forum are usually dodgy to begin with. :D

My wife has the original MacBook Air and the left hinge broke like zillions of others but mine was covered by a third-party warranty, not applecare (my bad but I didn't know any better at the time) and was 13 months old and Apple wouldn't fix it. To make it worse, a Genius sliced the video cable trying to wiggle the hinge back into place so my options were to walk away from a very expensive paperweight (and because they are so light it wouldn't even make a good paperweight) :p or spend US$1,200 to repair it. Because so many other people had the problem I decided to sit on it and sure enough, six months later I took it back and they fixed it while I waited at no charge. I've had other, smaller wins at the store where you stand there thinking, "Really?" and walk away in a warm stupor.

They earned my $$$ and now I have a little bit of everything and just bought an Apple TV and it blew me away as much as my first iPhone did. I got rid of a streaming media server and a DVD player went down into the basement.

11. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Great story, reminds me of the time I had a problem and got it replaced in no time :apple:

12. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

I visited an apple store for the first time last weekend. I agree with you. It was incredible.

13. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

No apple store near me but I've had a great experience on two separate occasions with telephone support sending me replacements. :D

14. EvoNiner1986 macrumors regular

We were just in the Apple store today getting my wife's iPhone replaced for the same issue! The genius that was helping us seemed hesitant to give us a replacement but she finally gave in and did it even though she could t replicate the issue. I had mine replaced last week for the home button and the person that helped me that time did it no questions asked...didn't even bother to test the phone!!!

Did they by chance take your replacement from a black box? I didn't know if they were new or not. I got a 5k serial number and wife's starts with something different.

15. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

The Apple store has the coolest employees ever. They just simply want to make the customer happy and get it out of the way so everyone can move on. The customer is happy and doesn't complain, the genius gets treated with respect, and Apple gets outstanding customer satisfaction ratings. Everybody wins.

16. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

They are truly the model for customer service.

17. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I too have had nothing but great experiences. A monitor of mine was exchanged out of warranty for a new one (the one I purchased was refurb) and I was given $180 credit for my "inconvenience" and they rush shipped me the new monitor. I didn't ask for any of that, I was simply polite on the phone. EXCELLENT customer service.

18. joshwithachance thread starter macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

Yes they did. I'm pretty sure all replacements are refurbs. But at Apple a refurb is almost always better than a brand new device because it goes through much stricter inspection:)

19. quizzi macrumors regular

quizzi

I love Apple's customer service, it's seriously the best service you will receive from a company.

I recently went to my local Apple Store to get my earphones replaced as they were a bit worn out from daily usage. He told me that my iPhone was out of warranty as it was a 3GS, but luckily it was covered with Apple Care and as soon as I mentioned it, he rushed over to the product stand and got me a pair of brand new earphones. Didn't even check the serial number of my phone.

In addition to this, I had some problems with my headphone jack of my phone, as it did not work with some high-quality generic branded earphones. He took my phone to the back and came back later, saying that he fixed the problem and even painted back the headphone jack rim, which was a little bit chipped.

I was a bit skeptical at first, however once I tested my phone the headphone jack worked as if the phone was new! :)

I have also heard stories of people admitting to accidentally breaking their iPhones and having them replaced, free of charge, by a Genius. :eek:

As Steve Jobs says it; 'we love our users...when we succeed, they reward us by staying our users'.

20. brdwygurl macrumors regular

Great story. I just had a similar thing happen. Only it was my on/off button that stopped working. Two weeks out of warranty...and they replaced it for me, no charge :)