I love the new Fall TV line-up!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DarkHeraldMage, Oct 10, 2008.

1. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

There are so many new shows out that I have given a shot and already fallen in love with, not to mention returning shows like "Heroes" and "Pushing Daisies". What's not to love? The one thing I've avoided is reality TV though. None for me. I thought I'd open up a thread for everyone to discuss the shows they're watching this fall and what they think of returning shows (better or worse than previous seasons).

And for a little shameless self-promotion, I wrote an entire blog on this a little while ago, so I'm not going to copy and paste here. If you want to see the dozen shows I'm hooked on and my personal reviews, they're on my website, TheRealJamesDean.com for your viewing pleasure.

Who's gonna chime in first? :cool:

I'm the only one who's watching TV this fall...? How strange.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Please don't bump.

So far I like Heroes, and Law and Order: SVU has been reasonably good. I'm mostly waiting for BSG and Lost to spool back up.

I saw you put True Blood on your list... I'd like to see that, but I don't have HBO or time to go find it using the inappropriate mechanisms, so I'll be waiting for the season on DVD probably. :eek: It can't possibly be Twilight, but... I am a sucker for vampires. :eek:

3. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I don't watch much TV, but I enjoyed the BBC's adaptation of Tess of the D'Urbervilles that finished last week.

Something that I am looking forward to is HBO's John Adams, which I think Channel 4 will be broadcasting in November or December.

(And although I hate the bloody programme, I'll probably end up watching the final episodes of X Factor to find out who's going to have this years Christmas No.1!)

4. macworkerbee macrumors 6502

I've been watching WAY too much TV this fall. Some of it good, some of it bad.

My favs for this season include most returning shows, Heroes, The Office, Sarah Connor Chronicles, and Mad Men. I'm also watching Smallville even though that show has been in the crap zone for at least a couple of seasons (this one is getting slightly better).

I'm desperately waiting the return of BSG and wouldn't mind trying a new show or two, maybe I'll check out your blog.

5. DarkHeraldMage thread starter macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

Sorry 'bout the bump. Should've just edited the original post. Duh.

True Blood is pretty good actually, though I'm a few episodes behind. It's definitely no Twilight, but it's funny how similar they seem to have attempted to make it. In True Blood the roles are reversed, where the girl can read minds, but the vampire is a blank slate to her. *shrugs* Still good though.

Non TV related note: Twilight in theaters in just barely a month. *giddy shriek, then returns to cool composure* :cool:

6. macworkerbee macrumors 6502

John Adams was excellent (although a touch slow at some points) but the performances were amazing and I truly love the opening credits.

7. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I don't get to watch TV at night because I work at night. I do all my TV viewing from purchasing shows on iTunes.

I'm currently watching Dexter, the L word, Bad Girls, and the Office.

When I finish watching those, I still have five seasons of the Wire and the Sopranos to begin on.

My current season passes include Desperate Housewives, Cops and the Office. I won't watch these till the end of the season when I have all the episodes.

I actually cancelled my Direct TV and went without television this past summer because I was buying shows from iTunes.

8. DarkHeraldMage thread starter macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

Sounds like a good lineup of shows. Especially Dexter. I also went the route of canceling my cable in favor of the digital form of media. It's just easier. Why pay for channels I won't be watching and shows I don't care about?

9. phas3 macrumors 65816

sorry if I am highjacking this thread, but I read your latest entry on your website "I could never do what they do" I just wanted to say thank you, I've been in the Marine Corps for 3 years now and I just got back from Iraq two weeks ago. It's my second tour there and I'm waiting till November to find out if I'll be going back again in March 08. Not many people realize the hard ship that we go through so that others don't have to.

I can tell you that Iraqis are grateful we are there, they can almost stand on their own feet. I was there in 06-07 and 08 and I can tell you that Iraq has come a long way. My job in the marine corps is a Combat Engineer and I have seen my fair share of violence, i've convoyed through the streets of fallujah when it was at one of it's worst state, I've patrolled the roads searching for IEDs and found many that I've held and could've been blown up into peices but thankfully someone up there has been watching over my shoulders. Now towns like fallujah, karmah, ramadi, towns that use to be the worst place to travel through in Iraq are one of the safest. Iraqis have formed their own militia to rid of terrorist activities in their area.

And also I completely agree about the camaraderie you form in the armed services. The bond you form when you are out there on a mission, sleeping in trucks for 3 months, ******** in plastic bags through sandstorms is what gets you through, when you know that the person next to you is willing to fight by your side at any given moment. I know that I will take a bullet for any of my marines anytime and I know that they feel the same.

Again I'm sorry for highjacking this thread but I just wanted to say thank you for your support and appreciation for what we do.

10. DarkHeraldMage thread starter macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

Not a problem. You can always feel free to leave your thoughts there too if you'd like. It's open to anyone for comment. I appreciate your insight.

To ease back towards the topic at hand, I watched "My Own Worst Enemy" last night and can honestly say that I was very impressed. I tried to avoid watching it, but the first few minutes hooked me and now I have yet another show to add to my list. *shakes head in shame*