I LOVE the trackpad on the new MBP!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by intolaomair, Apr 15, 2010.

1. intolaomair macrumors newbie

So Apple exchanged my macbook pro that i purchased last week for a new one today, and I LOVE the new trackpad.

with 4 finger swipes let you use Expose and switch applications. its very very useful, especially since I use expose alot.

it would have been better if you could configure different actions for the swipes, as you can with the magic mouse and 3party app magicprefs.

Do you guys know if there's anything like magicprefs for the trackpad? My magic mouse is crazy with the amount of stuff it can do because of that.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Those gestures were also present in the multi-touch trackpad of previous generations of Apple's notebook line.

You can use BetterTouchTool to make your own gestures, a lot of them.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I hate the new inertia scrolling; still does it even I disabled it in System Preferences.

Otherwise the trackpad is the same as the old one; I still think pressing F9 and F11 for show exposé and desktop, respectively, is faster.

4. tkingart macrumors 6502

tkingart

The only thing new about the trackpad that I'm aware of is the inertial tracking with swipes. (like the magic mouse)

If I want to get to a further-down or upper part of a web-page faster, rather than swiping my finger fast then faster, I simply press Option+Left-Click on the scroll-bar to where I want to browse at.

5. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I wouldnt go as far to say I hate the new inertia scrolling but it'll take a while to get used to.

Its a new way of scrolling.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

But when I disable it in System Preferences, it should stop, not keep going.

7. mattwolfmatt macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

I smell a software update in the near future for 2010 MBP's only.