I love this machine!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by beautifulcoder, Sep 2, 2013.

1. beautifulcoder macrumors regular

The MBA is radical! I mean, third to the birth of my first child, iPad being second, this machine is the best thing that's ever happened to me.

But seriously, Apple is really pushing the bar on what a computer should be like. I believe it is downright near perfect with this thing. The MBA i light years away to anything that comes closest to it in terms of computing experience. Ridiculous battery life, noiseless fan, no heat, heavenly keys and awesomely perfect trackpad. Radical!

2. jadAce macrumors regular

jadAce

Agreed. Switched from PC laptops, and the MacBook Air is indeed light years ahead of most laptops.

It amazes me to imagine what the MacBook Air will be like in another 2-3 years. Featherweight hardware? Innovative design? Retina display? Nearly 24 hours or more of battery life? Graphics comparable to discrete cards? Standard storage at 512 GB SSDs or more? Not to mention the next OS Xs.

The future is really bright here.

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Is this you first mac of any type or MBA? Sounds to me like you are enjoying it and that it is possibly your first experience with a mac. Congrats!

4. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

I don't own one yet but I'm liking it over the current 13" rMBP after test driving it 3 days in a row at my local apple store :). Although the 0.26 lbs difference in weight sounds negligible, it is noticeable... The screen is acceptable if you don't compare it to a retina/IPS display... I wish it had two TB ports to plug two external displays. ATD allows to daisychain with another display but it is quite expensive...

5. krazykleo macrumors regular

The mid2013 MBA is my first laptop and first experience with a mac and my very own computer as well!!! I love this machine sooooo much lol....All I do is school work and browse the interwebz and it's never given me any issues!!! :D

Definitely would buy again in a heartbeat!

6. m98custom1212 macrumors 6502

Your talking 6+ years

7. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Never owned an MBA but have been using macs for a long time. Get to know it and you can't do anything but enjoy it.

8. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

And thats if Steve was still around... :apple:

9. m98custom1212 macrumors 6502

:rolleyes:

10. PDFierro macrumors 68040

11. evorc macrumors 6502

evorc

LOL agreed. I doubt we will see retina anytime soon considering the recent battery improvement jump. I'm happy with my mid-2013 MBA and I should be good for the next 2-3 years. But I totally agree, I do all my programming work on my MBA and try to avoid my windows laptop as much as possible unless I have to do some asp.net work. This thing is still the best laptop out there.

12. MarkII1968 macrumors newbie

I am coming up on almost a year, owning my first Mac Mba, and just love it too. everyday when I open the lid, is like the first day I did.I dont think I have owned anything like this before, that Just keeps giving me so much pleasure.

13. Mal67 macrumors 6502a

They should put 8 gig in there as standard to buy over the counter and consider adding a touchscreen sooner rather than later.

14. Compile macrumors member

There won't be a touch screen. There will be gestures using the iSight or some other sensor and it will eventually replace the mouse.

Apple has a patent on this technology already if not mistaken.

15. Doublea6 macrumors regular

Doublea6

They also have a patent on a touch screen designed laptop that can turn into a tablet too.

16. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Agreed, great computer. Unfortunately Apple missed the mark on the display, it sucks and it could have been better ... didn't have to be 'retina quality' but IPS or a few grades better would have been nice.

For that reason the Air isn't a 'great notebook' in my opinion. Screen quality is VERY important, it's what we stare at for hours on end, the less eye strain the better.

Apple choose profit over best possible viewing experience. Would be nice if some day one corporation would take a little less profit and really put out the best product they can.

17. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

You'd better hope that your wife doesn't see this. :D

After about two years with a 13" MBA I upgraded to an 11" i7/8gb/512gb 2013 MBA and love it. I still can't get over how such a small package can be so powerful.

Yeah, the screen isn't ideal, but most of the time it's sitting on my desk connected to a big monitor and external keyboard. When I travel, I can accept the screen compromise in exchange for the portability.

It's a great little computer - glad you're enjoying it.

18. vicynic macrumors member

MBA '13 is my first Mac (or Apple product in general) and second laptop. It's great.

19. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

what about the birth of your second child??