i mac desk

Deepsingh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
am looking for a modern style desk for my 27 mac. any suggestion. Looks are important to me.

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
Mine is build from Ikea Galant sections as well as other Ikea components. Doesn't look cheap at all (unless you value solid cherry or similar). I needed it to hold a 27" iMac, 20" Dell monitor, two printers and a paper cutter. I also have two (discontinued) Galant filing cabinets and a desk drawer.

Dsync

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2010
USA
Mine is build from Ikea Galant sections as well as other Ikea components. Doesn't look cheap at all (unless you value solid cherry or similar). I needed it to hold a 27" iMac, 20" Dell monitor, two printers and a paper cutter. I also have two (discontinued) Galant filing cabinets and a desk drawer.

No way!! Why would they discontinue those filing cabinets?? Those are great!! I have 2 of them on the other side of my study along with 2 L-shape Galant desks

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
Why would they discontinue those filing cabinets?? Those are great!! I have 2 of them on the other side of my study along with 2 L-shape Galant desks
I have no idea! I've got two and got one for my wife. I couldn't get the drawer liner. I went in a few months later and all they had were the blond color on closeout. It isn't in the new catalog nor on the website anymore either. :( They fit nicely under the desk, and they don't really have a suitable replacement.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
California, United States
This is my desk. I think it's fairly modern. Picked it up at Ikea =)
Awesome setup. That's the glossy white glass Galant, isn't it? I love that one. Looks gorgeous. I've been planning to get that particular one next time im at ikea. :)

By the way...what are those headphones?