I made $28 today pre-ordering my iPhone 3Gs.... :)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ekelon, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Ekelon macrumors newbie

So I went in the store yesterday and found out that I qualify for new contract pricing even though I got the iPhone in February. I think I read somewhere that you can do it as long as you are less than 12 months and more than 20 months. If it's not that reason, then it's because I'm on a family plan and they allow you to buy an iPhone using another person's free upgrade line and then just transfer the data plan and everything over. But basically, I pre-ordered my 32GB iPhone 3Gs for $322 (after tax and activation fee) and then I listed my current 16GB white iPhone on craigslist and sold it really quickly for a solid $350... so long story short... I actually made money. The only downside is I technically extended my contract 4 months, but I plan on using the iPhone that long anyways!

So make sure you go into the store and talk to an actual sales rep to find out what you can do!

2. Munitalp macrumors 65816

You did an upgrade swap, there are plenty of people planning on doing this already (and a million threads on it).

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I'm glad you found a way to minimize your expense, but I wouldn't call a transaction that cost you hundreds of dollars "making money". By that reasoning you would have "made" a lot more money by keeping the old phone and not extending your contract.

But congrats on the new phone!

4. poky macrumors newbie

Or keeping the old phone and sell the 3GS to make at least $28 x 10:D

5. Resist macrumors 68030

I'm confused, we got our iPhones in February as well and they say we have to pay $499 for the 3Gs 32GB iPhone.