I MADE A BIG BOO-BOO

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MacM4ODA, Mar 3, 2016.

1. MacM4ODA macrumors regular

I was clicking thru the system preferences and i clicked the wrong thing, i have lost the tool bar (?) where it shows the apple icon, safari, file, edit, view etc. and now i do not know how to get it back, what do i need to do ? in fact the system preferences is hidden somewhere.

HELP!!

2. Dopeyman macrumors 6502a

Sounds like you hit the full screen button. Put your mouse all the way to the top and it should appear again. And click the green button

3. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Or just point your mouse at the top so it appears, and go to system preferences and turn off Autohide Menubar.

4. MacM4ODA thread starter macrumors regular

the "green" button? no that's not it, if you mean the one to the right of the "red" and "yellow"

"Or just point your mouse at the top so it appears, and go to system preferences and turn off Autohide Menubar."

where do i find this , "Autohide Menubar." ? i have spent nearly two hours this morning in total frustration trying to correct my screw up. i will never click another "button" until i know the exact results.

than you all for your replies. :apple: Mac :(

5. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

System Preferences, General pane.
    Underneath Appearance, next item is Use Dark menu bar and Dock...
    Following that is the checkbox for Automatically hide and show the menu bar.
    Uncheck that box.
    And - done.

6. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Go to System Preferences, and click on General in the top left of the window. If this setting is checked, uncheck it:
    General Pref Pane.png

7. MacM4ODA thread starter macrumors regular

thank you all for your help and suggestions, i called the apple folks and several issues cleared up.