I made a new game... (looking for some beta testers)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by QueenZ, Jan 20, 2009.

1. QueenZ macrumors 6502

QueenZ

This was the first game that i missed when i switched to Mac. I loved this game on Windows very much so as soon as i got into OS X programming i started working on it. It lacks some of Stamina features but I think it's pretty good already and can do basically everything that Stamina can. I even added some cool sound effects and other nice features. I hope you enjoy playing it as much as i enjoyed making it. It didn't take me that long as it may seem. I started working on it before Christmas 2008 and have finished it already. Let me know if you find any bugs or if you've got some suggestions I'll be happy to hear them. Cheers!

I hope i'll find some beta testers because i want it to be without any bugs at all..

Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/miqzw5ectid/Staminx.app.tar

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

The game borks (as in accepts no input at all) if my keyboard is set to Dvorak and the keyboard viewer doesn't adjust.

It would be nice if it could give more stats such as which letters the most errors occured with etc.

3. QueenZ thread starter macrumors 6502

QueenZ

hmm... I will definitely work on that in the future.. btw, how fast are you..?

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

It gave me a result of 272cpm with qwerty but it is not something I am used to typing with.

5. QueenZ thread starter macrumors 6502

QueenZ

That's actually pretty good.. I'm close to 500 cpm but usually i can't get more than 450 cpm...

6. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I need to improve my typing. All the uh-ohs and funny sounds were a nice touch. What would be cool is if we could enter our own text. For example, I could see myself copying and pasting an article I'd like to read into this program and then type away.

Attached Files:

7. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

All of those sounds when I mad mistakes had me laughing :D

Good job on the program! Now all you need is a more "Mac-like" icon for the app.... The one you have looks awfully Microsoftish lol.

Keep us posted on updates!