I made an iMovie project, where is it?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by geekygeek, May 19, 2012.

1. geekygeek, May 19, 2012
    Last edited: May 19, 2012

geekygeek macrumors regular

I was making a lyric video for YouTube, my first one. When I was done with it, I finalized it.
    I closed the iMovie Window.
    Went to Finder > Movies > iMovie Projects > The lyric video I made
    It opened up and I decided to play it again just for the heck of it, I noticed that some parts of the lyrics were missing and replaced with "Enter Title here", "Place subtitle here" etc etc. I was a bit mad..So I replaced the presets with the lyrics then put the old project in the trash. Then I finalized it again, after waiting. I went through the video one more time to make sure everything was okay. It was fine so I closed the iMovie window. Then went to finder and found the project I made. I opened it...an iMovie window popped up but no video was there :eek:. Do I have to start over? :confused:

Edit: This is iMovie '11 with 10.7.3
    Edit: Thank god I actually found the final video in .mov format where I can directly upload it anywhere. However I would still like to keep the file format where I can edit the video later if I wanted to. I think the file format was like .rcproject

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

They should be in Home Folder>Movies>iMovie Projects.

There is no real neeto finalize an iMovie Project. All that does is Export/Share your Project in small, medium and large formats so that it appears in the Media Browser and is available to other Applications.

So, if you don't want that, just Share/Export in the movie size/format that you need.