I made another admin account and when deleting..

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iMacBook, Jun 3, 2008.

1. iMacBook macrumors 6502a

iMacBook

Any application while on the new accounts name, it asks for that account password.

This new account is an administrator. I am in the process of changing my Short name because I did it wrong (fail). So, before I keep going, I want to make sure that it won't keep asking for my password every time I want to delete something from the applications folder.

I think its just asking for it because there are two accounts. I hope I'm right and that it'll go away once I get rid of my old account. :)

2. iMacBook thread starter macrumors 6502a

iMacBook

Someone has to know the answer to this. Been almost a day. :(

3. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

I didn't exactly understood what you were saying in your first post but if i got it right you created an admin account?

While you're logged in with your admin account you can't just delete something.You need a password to delete it.

So,as long as you are logged in your admin account you need a password to delete or install something important(not the installation with the dragging and dropping think.The other one).

If i understood wrong please correct me!!!:)

4. iMacBook thread starter macrumors 6502a

iMacBook

Corrent. While on my new admin account, I need to enter a password anytime I delete an application in the Application folder.

On my original admin account, I never had to enter a password. Is the reason I have to enter the password because there are now two accounts?

5. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

No i don't think so...Are you sure that you have two admin accounts???

That's weird...I think that the first account is the admin and the other is just an account that you created.I don't think that you can have two admin accounts.

The administrator account is the one which is above all.You can manage your computer in the way you like.In the other accounts you can't just delete anything you want because you don't have that kind of privileges.So if you want to do something you have to enter the admin password.

Got it?;)