I made my mistake! Please help...

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by dilgit, Oct 13, 2010.

1. dilgit macrumors regular

I've tried to upgrade ios 4.2 beta 2 to beta 3 on my ipad but hit the shift + restore instead of shift + update. Now my ipad is stuck and I need help. What to do now? what are my options to bring my ipad back to life? Thanks.

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Put it into DFU mode and re do the process. Should work! ;)

3. dilgit thread starter macrumors regular

I see the usb cable pointed towards the itunes logo on the screen. How do I put it in DFU mode?

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yeah that's recovery mode, DFU the screen is completely back. google how to, and you'll find endless guides and videos.

5. dilgit thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks!! My iPad is now restoring to 3.2.2. After restore is complete, if I upgrade it to ios 4.2 beta 3, but this time hit the shift + update, should I be on the safe side?

6. dilgit thread starter macrumors regular

Still need your help!

I can't restore to 3.2.2!! I put my ipad to DFU mode and start restore. Than, during the final stage, when it shows "restoring ipad firmware", the procedure stops and I get a message that: "ipad could not be restored. An unknown error occured(1015)", and I'm back to connect to itunes screen. I've tried to restore on another computer, tried another cable and another usb port but all to no avail.

What do I do now?? Please help me. I need to bring my ipad back to life.

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Is your iPad and 3G one? i seen that error only for Baseband missmatch, it is not a bad thing, you just need to get it out of recovery mode. Download Tiny Umbrella, and run it, if it see your ipad click on "Kick device out recovery" and that should do he trick.

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Weird. According to Apple's support document (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1275?viewlocale=en_US), error 1015 means you are trying to downgrade to a previous firmware, but 3.2.2 should be the current firmware! How are you trying to restore? Did you shift+restore, or just click straight restore? Perhaps you could delete the 3.2.2 firmware you have now, and try redownloading it again from Apple?

9. dilgit thread starter macrumors regular

Tinyumbrella identified the ipad as invalid and "kick device...." was grayed out. Still stuck!

10. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

11. cliegal macrumors member

I tried them all and nothing worked. I took mine to a Genius Bar at the Apple store and the couldn't restore it so and they replaced it.

12. dilgit thread starter macrumors regular

I succeeded to restore 3.2.2!! WOW!! Took all day. Now, when I try to upgrade to ios 4.2 beta 3, I get an error 3014 but I don't loose 3.2.2. Now, how do I jailbreak 3.2.2 for Cydia. Thanks for your help!!

13. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Limera1n or Greenpois0n

14. dilgit thread starter macrumors regular

After I have succeeded to restore 3.2.2 ,I decided to give up Cydia for the time being. So I downloaded and installed iTunes 10.1 beta 2 on my PC and than it let me update(shift + update!! Not restore) to ios 4.2 beta 3 which I now have running on my iPad. Thanks for the help and the good will of you guys.