I Messed Up, Apple Fixed it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sheboygan, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Sheboygan macrumors member

Sheboygan

So at 12:01 AM I used the iPhone App to order a 7+ 256GB in Black and I thought I was using the "upgrade" part of my Apple Upgrade Program from my current 6S. In reality, I missed the fine print at the bottom to reserve a time at the store to perform the switch/upgrade and actually ordered another new 7+, complete with the AUP loan through Citizens. Ugh. And by the time I tried to properly set up an upgrade, there were no 7+ 256GB in black left.

I called Apple at 4:00 AM when they opened and waited for 30 minutes to talk to a rep. She called the main retail store offices and confirmed that I can in fact receive this additional iPhone (to be delivered on 9/16) and take it to an Apple store within 14 days to: 1) Return it & get refunded and then, 2) Use it as my upgrade on my Apple Upgrade Program by re-purchasing it at the store!

Freakin' awesome.

Anyone else mess up using the iPhone App?

2. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

I don't want to burst your bubble, but normally once an iPhone is shown as returned on the system, it won't allow it to be sold again. Hopefully the manager at the store can override this for you, but in the past they haven't for me.

(My exact experience: opened iPad. It was scratched, but not bad. They got a second. It was worse. I said I would take the first one. They had already refunded it on the system though, and it wouldn't let them sell the refunded one again. A computer says no moment.)

3. Sheboygan thread starter macrumors member

Sheboygan

I hear what you're saying so I'll be cautiously optimistic until the event- and I know that will take more than an hour in the store. However, the Rep made it clear to me that she spoke directly with the retail management people before providing a resolution. So maybe folks like you helped to establish a new policy.