I messed up my iCal... Any way to fix it?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Winter Charm, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Winter Charm macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

Okay, so upgrading to iCloud, I noticed that iCal had duplicated all my events. What I did NOT realize at the time was that it wasn't a random error. Anyways, I went through just deleting some of the events randomly.... Not a smart move :/

My question is this:
    If I have a time Machine Backup (I do) can I erase ALL iCal data and then restore from time machine, and THEN sync everything back to iCloud? (and not accidentally delete the duplication this time?)

I would appreciate any advice. My stupidity + my excitement = this predicament :p and I have a TON of calendar info. :(

2. jimmyt64 macrumors newbie

fix ical after icloud upgrade

I did not realize that icloud would duplicate my existing local calendars. After it did so, i mistakenly deleted my local calendars to avoid duplicate entries. I then realized that icloud would not "communicate" with my existing google calendars. i tried to restore ical to prior time via time machine, but in Lion that seems impossible as I cannot access the ical calendar files when i go "back in time" since they are hidden. (I used the terminal command to access the Library files in current time, but i cannot figure out how to do so in the time machine prior time.)

my work around was to export the icloud calendars and then import them as a local calendar. then i removed icloud, and i was back to my original set up.

Apple - please allow icloud ical to sync with google calendar!