Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
A treat to meet such a legend in the Mac community so casually, and also very cool of you not to push him for more. I'm sure he appreciated it.

I wonder what he would make of your choice of avatar?

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
powermac666 said:
A treat to meet such a legend in the Mac community so casually, and also very cool of you not to push him for more. I'm sure he appreciated it.

I wonder what he would make of your choice of avatar?

LOL, well Steve is just...sexier. ;) :D

Xenious

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
Texas, USA
Pretty cool. I have a personal code that when approaching someone famous in a public place where they are not the event focus (i.e. you're not at a convention or panel discussion, or release event or concert) I keep things to a simple hello, a handshake and a friendly compliment. I'm sure they always enjoy the appreciation, but then they like their privacy too.

Kudo's for respecting this as well.

Airports it seems are a common place to meet people. On the way back from London to Chicago (after some Brit film awards) I met Jack Black. A hello and a handshake later it was back to business and I let him to his travels.

A funny event I had in Mc Carren (sp?) was when I was coming back from CES and working off to the side of a larger crowd was a guy came over and asked me for tech help using the wireless. lol! I helped him as best as I could, but later I was thinking, "wtf, do I look like airport tech support?" haha I guess I did!

eleveneastgate

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2005
iGary said:
So I just happened to fly into San Jose today for a photo shoot down in Monterey and guess who I "run" into?

The Woz!

He was sitting in the boarding area (Hawaiian shirt and all) as I was getting off the plane. At first I told myself to leave the poor guy alone, but then I was like "When are you ever going to see Woz again?"

I just walked up and said "I'm sorry if I am bothering you, but aren't you Steve Wozniak?"

"I sure am."

"Well I just wanted to say hi; I'm a big Mac fan and noticed you when I was coming off the plane."

"Whatcha got in the incase bag?"

"12-inch iBook"

"Nice - good to meet you."

"Likewise."

I could tell he wanted to be cordial but also wanted me to get lost, too. :D

Nice of him just to say hi, anyway.

;)

Cool! :D

Daveway said:
You lucky shiznit. :D :cool:

BTW Daveway, do you know what you said?

Shiznit = feces

So you're actually saying, "You lucky feces" :confused:

sebisworld

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2003
Xenious said:
Airports it seems are a common place to meet people. On the way back from London to Chicago (after some Brit film awards) I met Jack Black. A hello and a handshake later it was back to business and I let him to his travels.

I hope you washed your hands afterwards!

(Just kidding, I love Jack Black)

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
skubish said:
SFO is no better. I need to go to Fremont often and SJC is closer but there are no direct flights from Detroit. I love how you have to wander thru the maze of the parking garage at SFO to get to the AirTrans train to take you to the rental cars. What use to take 10 minutes by bus now takes 45 minutes lol.

hey, noticed you were from ann arbor, i live in dexter. What line of business are you in?

slu

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2004
Buffalo
Xenious said:

The bigger question is did you meet KG as well? That would be sweet.

iGary, that is a cool story.

How come I never meet anyone cool? Perhaps it is because I rarely pay attention to the people around me - especially in an Airport. When I was an Oracle Consultant I spent to so much time in airports that I was usually trying to get the hell out of there as fast as possible.

I have been to all the bay area airpoirts and SFO is the best of a sorry lot. When I worked in San Jose, I used SFO exclusively.

QuantumCat

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2005
Some rock in space
iGary said:
So I just happened to fly into San Jose today for a photo shoot down in Monterey and guess who I "run" into?

The Woz!

That's cool. B-{) I met the Woz when he was Keynote Speaker at the 2003 KFest conference. He even signed my Woz Limited Edition Apple IIGS.

He and I have something in common. He told me that his wife is a Jehovah's Witness. I'm similarly cursed. B-{)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.