i might as well get iPhone instead

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gowanis, Jan 15, 2008.

1. gowanis macrumors 6502

i think the $20 sucks, but still, its really not a lot of money.

however, i probably won't purchase the apps because I won't be able to use them. Where is everyone getting wi-fi when they are out and about?

The majority of the new apps are only useful when you are out of your home (maps in your car, mail or stocks wherever). I find that any time I have wi-fi i'm probably home or somewhere that I have desktop access. Any time I'd need the new apps I don't have wi-fi (in my car, on the train, etc.)

If only Apple would ditch AT&T I'd get the damn phone!

2. wannabe07 macrumors member

I'm totally with you. AT&T is the devil and their pathetic EDGE network is awful. If only Apple would allow unlocked phones!

3. substeel macrumors member

iPhone and iTouch

I have one of each. I keep my iTouch legit and will purchase the extra apps. I have an unlocked/jailbroken iphone running on tmobile + edge network. BTW the tmobile edge is just as terrible. Thank goodness I spend most of my life in range of wifi but not always. G3 and iphones running on alternate networks can not come fast enough.

4. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

how in the world were you able to get a iphone on tmobile? hacking the iphone ables you to do that?

5. wannabe07 macrumors member

Knowing that the T-Mobile network isn't any better for data makes me feel a little better. I suppose I'll just have to be patient. <sigh>

6. iJiten macrumors member

I really hope Apple makes a CDMA iPhone, although it probably wont happen.