Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Hey guys,

it looks like I might finally get the iPhone 6 upgrading from 4. Decided to give the 'bendgate' a try :)
Would you suggest what case to get? I like the apple ones but was wondering if the silicone is going to wear of really quickly (or the leather). Any suggestions, please?
Thank you

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
Hey guys,

it looks like I might finally get the iPhone 6 upgrading from 4. Decided to give the 'bendgate' a try :)
Would you suggest what case to get? I like the apple ones but was wondering if the silicone is going to wear of really quickly (or the leather). Any suggestions, please?
Thank you

The accessories forum for the iPhone is where you'll find your answers. There are a number of threads on the Apple leather case and silicone case.

quietstormSD

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
San Diego, CA
I went for the Apple leather. (Mostly because I got the phone on launch day and it was the only case in stock other than the Apple silicone) I absolutely love it, I feel like it provides enough protection and a snug fit on the phone

the caveman

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2007
Hey guys,

Thank you

Get a 10 dollar TPU case form amazon, they are amazing and will save you 40 dollars.

azhava

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2010
Arizona, USA
IMO, the Apple cases are grossly overpriced for what they are. There are much nicer cases on the market which are also much less expensive. Read through the 'iPhone Accessories' sub-forum and see what catches your eye.

Potsyboy

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2014
Using and incipio dual pro case. Love it. I bought a Speigen tough armor case as well but protection wasn't as good as the incipio when lying face down.

Alimar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
New York State
I went for the Apple leather. (Mostly because I got the phone on launch day and it was the only case in stock other than the Apple silicone) I absolutely love it, I feel like it provides enough protection and a snug fit on the phone

I got the Apple leather case for the same reason. But I really like it. The debossed Apple logo is more appealing than a cut out, anyway.

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
Hey guys,

Thank you

Don't get a case, it may interfere when you try bending your phone.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
I never put case on my iphone and those includes 4/4s/5c/5s and now 6.

But with my current 6, i bought the apple silicone because it seem reliable enough for me, Leather is just too overprice. Silicone isn't cheap either but u need it to cover the extruded rear camera.

I hate those sgp stuff because i doesn't feel good in the hand plus apple original has this smooth fabric inside the prevent scratching.

my silicone though already shown wear and tear. the part near the mute switch has the cut. Maybe because i took it out too many times.

primolabo

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2014
don't get a case. it feels best without, all these nice materials. get some insurance or the apple care.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Griffin Reveal for my iPhone 6. Had one for my iPhone 5 which is still being used by the friend I gave it to.

scottw324

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
I went through about 5-7 cases when I first got my iP6+. Some were just a thin shell, others were thicker like the Slim Armor from Spigen (which was nice). In the end, I wanted something with a holster though since I use it while I run for Runkeeper and Charity Miles apps.

This doesn't add that much bulk, while providing a minimum lip on the front to protect the screen when face down, with a hard back and some impact resistance on the edges.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the built in screen protector. I ended up cutting it out and putting my own screen protector on instead which worked a lot better.

Unicorn Beetle Pro Case

i-Blason-supcase-iphone-6-5-5-full-body-protective-unicorn-beetle-pro-case-black-31.jpg

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
thank you guys,

I think that I will go for Incipio NGP in red as so far that is the case I like the most. Its simple without any crap. It doesn't have the stupid hole for the logo and it does look like a good quality build etc.

I wanted simple design and ideally soft touch material so this kinda has both.

Will order soon incase someone mentions another one.
Thank you for help anyway, nice of you :)

docjames

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2010
Don't buy Airmask

DON'T BUY AIRMASK. I purchased 2 out these from Taiwan and I hope this company will give me a refund and pay for the shipping cost. First off, don't let it's advertisement fool you. It said it's tough. Tough on where? The screen scratches so easily, I've already used up the 2 that I bought on the same day I received it, not to mention I stupidly believed its advertisement and removed my glass protector. Secondly, both screens comes with small scratches on it already. I used to use glass protectors since Iphone 5. When I saw it said it's tough with 3H hardness. I was a bit weary but bought it anyway. But it also said it's resistent to keys and coins. That's total BS. Don't buy it or you will regret it.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I got the Shieldon slim leather flip case for my 6+.
It offers minimal drop protection but perfect day to day screen and casing protection, whilst still retaining a slim profile. Plus it looks classier than a bumper case IMO.

Also available in black.

2C208D88-45EA-47B9-940A-94F36FC63190.jpg
[/URL

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
Apple Silicon, Better grip when picking it up, holding it. And can lay it on center console of my SUV and it doesn't slide anywhere. I always preferred the drop in leather pouches, but phone is too slippy without something. Just a lot of dust visible on a large screen phone. Not use to that coming from the pouches.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.