I miss Apple Tuesdays

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by BJonson, Aug 22, 2013.

1. BJonson macrumors 6502a

BJonson

I miss the good ole days of Apple releasing something every Tuesday. Now it seems like its only Apple Septembers. Remember being excited for Tuesday and checking Apple's website for an update, product release or something new? I do. Wish it would happen again. Made Apple exciting.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I don't think it's ever been every tuesday that something was released. Although they do seem to be quite a bit more regular with the timing for their updates now than they used to be so the updates aren't as unexpected.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've been a Mac user since the Macintosh SE days, I also sold software for PCs and Apples back in the day. I don't ever recall apple releasing anything every tuesday.

At one point Tuesday was the day of choice when they decided to release something but it wasn't a weekly occurrence.

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Maybe he's thinking of the Microsoft Patch Tuesdays. :p

5. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

Or Blizzard Battle.Net Maintenance Tuesdays.

6. omenatarhuri macrumors 6502a

I do agree. It also made the company seem that much more dynamic and up-to-date.

Updating everything once a year, all at once... well. It doesn't create headlines/excitement consistently does it now?

7. dan1eln1el5en macrumors 6502

dan1eln1el5en

it's not that long ago, it was every Tuesday the shop was down for maintenance which usually included new products in the shop (not just Apple produced ones, but from other sellers sold via apple.com)