I miss MacDraw! Replacement suggestions?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DanK104, Aug 13, 2013.

1. DanK104 macrumors member

I miss MacDraw, a program for doing simple drawings: boxes with text in them, arrows, etc. Basic stuff, stuff I don't want to use a large complicated program for. During the many years since it was around I have never found a program as easy to use. Any suggestions for a current program that will do the same thing?

Thanks!
    Dan

2. Bear macrumors G3

I think Paint X might do what you want.

3. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

Assuming you want a vector based drawing program, look at OmniGraffle or EazyDraw. The former is great for charts and the later as a general vector drawing program.

4. spyguy10709 macrumors 6502a

spyguy10709

Paintbrush http://paintbrush.sourceforge.net
    is absolutely great, and it's free! (and REALLY easy!)

5. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

MacDraft is still around. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macdraft-pe-6/id407474926?mt=12

It does the basic stuff well, including proper rulers and dimensioning.

6. Space Penguin macrumors newbie

Its still here!

MacDraft is still around, bit more up to date than it was back in the MacDraw days...

7. rgcc macrumors newbie

Mac draw replCement

I also was addicted to the old McDraw program. Did everything with it. Was a general contractor on extensions on my house and sold it to the local zoning community as a full up sketch. But iDraw from my Mac side of the computer does not even come close to the functionality of the old McDrwa program. Oh to have McDraw back again in some sort of an application Mac, or PC side.

iDraw does not come close. Don't waste your money.

8. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

And still perfectly good for drafting plans for cabinets, endtables, garden sheds and the like.
    I've used both OmniGraffle and EazyDraw, they have their positive sides, but neither is as good as MacDraft for producing dimensioned drawings for use in building stuff.

9. Microspot macrumors newbie

Microspot

Hi guys! We now have a MacRumours account to answer any of your queries. Bit late to this thread but MacDraft 6.1 is available at microspot.com we have ALOT of customers coming to us with a history with MacDraw and hopefully some of you will agree that its still fantastic for scaled dimensioned drawing :)

10. weinelb macrumors newbie

weinelb

I had a MacDraft license in the '70s and '80s. It was a great tool then, except for the limited included libraries, but still used MacDraw for other than house and garden plans. Do your records go back to the early Mac days? Would that reduce the cost of a Pro license? Would I have to buy additional libraries to do network and software drawings as I did then?

11. kastorff macrumors regular

kastorff

12. Microspot macrumors newbie

Microspot

Hi!

Its possible we have you on record yes. If you can drop me an email with your name, email and any additional information regarding your version of MacDraw we can see what sort of deal we can sort out :) DM me here or email me at aaron.lamb@Microspot.co.uk :)