I miss my iPhone...!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aravintht, May 20, 2008.

1. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

I bought my iPhone almost a year ago from ebay from one of the guys saying they would send it over to UK within three working days of iDay. I paid £300 and it came within two days and then got charged a further £40 at customs. All in all spent £340.

After hearing about all the 3G iPhone rumours and wanting to get a good return on my investment, i sold my slightly damaged iPhone earlier today on ebay for £250.

So i've lost just under a £100, would have been less if i hadn't dropped it any split the back case.

Anyway it feels like i've lost a lot more as im now stuck with a N95....

Anyone else sold there iPhone to save up for the 3G iPhone? anyone manage to make a profit?

2. sananda macrumors 68020

i sold mine (for a £49 loss) and i miss it too. actually i wish i hadn't sold it.

3. cdd543 macrumors 6502

cdd543

I sold mine..only lost $40 or so. Can't wait for the new one.

4. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Many on here I believe sold or are selling their old iphone for the new one. Some people even unlocked them and sold them on ebay for a profit. I already sold my 8gb ipod touch and moto krzr to get the new 3g iphone. Too bad I sold them both so early and now I am totally helpless for at least 2 weeks if they start shipping the day they are announced. Well I guess you and I will both have a fun time waiting until June 9th..... Good luck !

5. Aravintht thread starter macrumors 6502a

my biggest problem is the internet/mail

the n95 does edge but mail just isn't the same and it's almost impossible to use the nokia web browser.

oh well 19days to go and counting...

thats if it actually comes out on the 9th and someone manges to unlock it the same day - highly unlikely....

6. sananda macrumors 68020

consider yourself lucky, i'm using a nokia 6170!

7. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

I can't imagine the sorrow on these forums if the 3G iPhone was simply announced June 9, and really they start shipping July =/.

8. sananda macrumors 68020

and that could so easily be what happens.

9. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

You guys shouldn't have been such eager beavers.

Don't you just hate going out places and seeing other people use them?

10. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

I can't believe you're complaining that you used a phone for a year, damaged it and it only cost you $100.

Absurd...

(oh, and yes, I'm going to sell my current generation iphone when the 3g version is available)

11. sananda macrumors 68020

easy now. it's just someone talking about missing his iphone.

12. joserpaq macrumors member

I actually got my iphone from a website called feedyourplayer that trades Cd's for tech products. So I sent them 250 CD's and they sent me an iphone. I just sold it on ebay last week for $400 so I have the money burning a hole in my pocket waiting for 3G!!!!!!

13. alejovh1 macrumors regular

I sold my 16gb last week and lost $99, really miss it; I'm stuck with a razor v3 for the next couple of weeks:(

14. Aravintht thread starter macrumors 6502a

i lost £100 = $200 but i guess for a whole year that's not very much

but remember in the UK paying for a mobile phone when getting a contract was almost unheard of before the iPhone. Prior to the iPhone, o2 would send me a new phone every six month as a free upgrade....if only they would do that with the iphone contract....

15. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

I bought 2 of the 8GB for £169 from o2 and made about a £80 profit on both

16. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

Thats very unlikely to happen. Considering the fact that the Apple/02/ATT stores have almost runout of all iPhones and the online store too isnt taking any new orders. So you`d definitely get new iPhones shipping the day they are announced(still keep your fingers crossed, just in case).

17. Aravintht thread starter macrumors 6502a

Even if it is available immediately,

we still have to wait for someone to figure out how to unlock/activate/jailbreak it

well just activate/jailbreak for me as im on o2 already

18. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

I'm using a Nokia 2610. I sold my 16gb iPhone for $504, i Bought it for $499, so I pretty much lost the money I paid in tax. I too feel I sold it way to early, but I had read that the new one may come in May, and I didn't want to chance it. I'll be happy a month from now.

19. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Just sold my used one today for £270. Thats a £100 profit. :) But now I miss it :(

20. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Ummm he is talking about missing the phone and saying how he had to sell it for less due to damage. I didn't get that he was pissed off about that. I think he was justifying why it was sold for less.

And I've thought about selling my iPhone for the 16gb model, I don't care about 3G personally. However, I figure I'd sell mine when the new model comes out. If I get a couple hundred for it then I'll be ok. There are two little pencile sized nicks in it for some reason. I can't explain what happened because it's never been without a case. Anyway...yes I can understand missing a phone but the N95 is still a good phone in my opinion.