I miss my MacBook :(

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by TSE, Jan 25, 2009.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

In April 2006, I got my first MacBook in 6th grade from inheritance. It was Black MacBook, Core Duo, 2.0 GHZ, 512 MB RAM, 80 GB HD, one, with Tiger. Ever since I was a little kid I have always wanted my own computer, and I finally had one.

At first, it was a great machine. I had no problems with it.

A month later, the superdrive stopped reading DVDs.

After getting it repaired, two months later, the superdrive wouldn't eject.

After getting it repaired again, about 6 months later, it suffered from the random shutdown issue.

Once I got it back from Apple, it had huge scratches on the once pristine case, and the iSight stopped working. I brought it in, and they reluctantly replaced the case and iSight. I bought Applecare, because I knew that I was going to get another problem.

In November 2007, the hard drive failed on me. All of my music, games, videos, everything, was completely gone. I called up Applecare furiously, and they replaced it with a 2.2 ghz, core 2 duo, 1 GB RAM, 160 GB HD blackbook model. I sighed in relief.

In February of 2008, though, unfortunately, the keyboard got wonky, and some of the keys stopped working. I called up Applecare, and they replaced it with the same model MacBook. I was less then happy.

Right when I got the same model macbook, I opened it up on Safari, and on the Apple website it showed the brand new Penryn MacBooks. Great, just great.

The next day, the MacBooks screen would randomly shut off at random times. I called up Applecare, and they offered to replace my one day old macbook with the new penryn ones. I said,"Can I just pay the difference and order the base macbook pro?" They said sure.

I've had my MacBook Pro since February, 2008, and haven't had a single problem with it. But... for some reason... I miss my BlackBook. I can't explain it?

2. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

It happens. I miss my older MacBook Pro I used to use at work, just replaced with a unibody one.

3. hacksaw-C87 macrumors regular

Urm. Neither can I.

Maybe it's a bit like missing that ex-girlfriend that dragged you down the street screaming and made you pay for everything and had insane tendencies &c...

4. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

it could be from hormonal changes/puberty?
    go rebel against your parents, it might make you feel better.

or you could be missing the color black.

5. CharlesX macrumors member

CharlesX

Compared to the Blackbook, those Pro's look a bit lifeless. Very little contrast anywhere on the case. They may even look sickly. I don't know, haven't seen on in a while. The new ones have black keys all evenly separated from one another by the one-piece aluminum case. It's an inspiring sight.

6. hacksaw-C87 macrumors regular

Perhaps make an effigy out of a small black cardboard box... Take it to Applecare, see if they give you a pile of $$$. Worth a go.

7. kennyli macrumors regular

Yes, it happens to me too. I have 4 MacBooks but the one I like to use most is my first 1.83GHz C2D WhiteBook.

It is much slower than it's newer brothers, but I just like to use it most of the time!