I miss the old Touchpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by InfernoST, Nov 10, 2016.

1. InfernoST macrumors newbie

Hi All
    I just picked up a Mid 2015 15" MBP which I love however I'm not a big fan of the new touch pad, i really enjoyed being able to tap gently with one finger to trigger a response now I have to push on the pad to elicit a reaction. Just sayin, I like my 2009 trackpad better than this new one.

2. vddobrev macrumors regular

You can enable tap to click in the touchpad settings.

3. jmeas macrumors regular

jmeas

You can adjust the required force to register a click in settings. I keep it on the lightest amount. You can also make it accept taps as clicks, like on iOS. i use that, too. Works great!

4. brewmonkey macrumors regular

I wish the minimum force for Force Click could be set much lower. It's actually a rather uncomfortable amount of force required and I have a sneaking suspicion it exceeds the HCI ergonomic threshold for preventing repetitive strain.

/endwhine

5. jmeas macrumors regular

jmeas

brewmonkey, there are probably apps you could download to set it even lighter. i never even click it now that i think about it, since i have it set to use taps instead of clicks. so there's literally 0 force applied while i'm using it :p

6. InfernoST thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone, i didn't think of checking the settings in system preferences.

7. stockscalper macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

I used the new Pro quite a bit and no matter how light you set the force, it still doesn't feel right. I'm sure you could get used to it. But, even though I'm not a fan of the new Trackpad I have to say it's still light years better than the ones on Windows laptops. You can never get those configured where they work as well as a Mac. I do some really precise stuff in Photoshop on a Mac with the Trackpad and on a Windows Notebook it's not possible. Thank goodness most of them have touchscreens where you can use a pen.

8. InfernoST thread starter macrumors newbie

Just got to my laptop and changed the settings on the track pad, it seems to work just like the one on my 2009 MBP. Thanks for correction and direction all.

9. vddobrev macrumors regular

Way to go, glad it worked out!

10. Toutou macrumors 6502a

Toutou

I don't even use the click mechanism on my non-force touch, I strictly tap to click and have the three finger drag enabled (it's still available).