I miss the original black iPad cover/case, but have iPad2

Turnpike

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
New York City!
Does anyone else miss the common black Apple iPad 1 cover that flips closed, with a "fuzzy" surface? I bought an iPad 2 which does more than my iPad1, but I find myself taking my iPad1 with me more because it has a nice book-like cover that came from Apple. Does anyone know of a similar, soft, enclosure with a flip cover similar to that original black iPad1 cover? AT LEAST once a month I find myself sliding the iPad2 into that original cover to see if there's a way I can't make it work. I never can. :(

I like how it's book-like, doesnt stand out, and totally tucks in the iPad alltogether.

I've searched Ebay, these forums, and the Apple store- if anyone knows of something I might like, please let me know.

Thank you!

**BY THE WAY- even if there's something really expensive by a brand name company, let me know! I can always watch Ebay for a used one. :eek:

polyun

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2007
Does anyone else miss the common black Apple iPad 1 cover that flips closed, with a "fuzzy" surface? I bought an iPad 2 which does more than my iPad1, but I find myself taking my iPad1 with me more because it has a nice book-like cover that came from Apple. Does anyone know of a similar, soft, enclosure with a flip cover similar to that original black iPad1 cover? AT LEAST once a month I find myself sliding the iPad2 into that original cover to see if there's a way I can't make it work. I never can. :(

I like how it's book-like, doesnt stand out, and totally tucks in the iPad alltogether.

I've searched Ebay, these forums, and the Apple store- if anyone knows of something I might like, please let me know.

Thank you!

**BY THE WAY- even if there's something really expensive by a brand name company, let me know! I can always watch Ebay for a used one. :eek:
Yoobao Lively is the case you're looking for. I have it and it's awesome. Better than the original in fact. Search ebay or amazon.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2007
I loved my original Apple case for the iPad 1.

Wish Apple made one for the iPad 2 and new iPad.

While Yoobao Lively duplicates the case well, it doesn't have the apple logo on it.