I miss the white Apple products....

Discussion in 'iPod' started by doomwrap, Sep 10, 2007.

1. doomwrap macrumors newbie

I'm sad to see the new iPod classic isn't offered in white anymore, it was the white color that originally attracted me to apple products (white iMac, Macbook, iPod).

Does anyone else prefer the unique white color Apple uses over the new silver color offered in the iPod classic and iMac? I've always thought the beauty of the white touch Apple has on its products differentiated it from the boring silver of other brand laptops.

I've sent in Feedback to Apple requesting for the white color option in the future, please help submit feedback requesting for more white products if you feel the same way!

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

White aluminum just doesn't have the same effect. I think that is why the company seems to be moving away from white. As long as the MacBook remains plastic, I expect that we will always see a white version on offer.

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

They've been doing white for a number of years and it hasn't gone well for work environments apparently. Also, plastic isn't always easy to recycle where metal is better. They're just trying to go where the market is prodding them and it's not a bad idea.

I'm sure you'll find something about the newer machines that you'll like just as well after a while.

4. MK2007 macrumors regular

One can only wonder what comes after the aluminum era. Perhaps the next line of Macs will be made in brass.

5. ndheah macrumors regular

I just bought a new classic, and I wanted white, but got black because I don't care for the silver one. I agree though, bring back the white Apple!

6. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

They are calling it iPod "Classic", doesn't that mean it should be representative of the original white iPod?

After all, that is what started the whole revolution to begin with.

7. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

I miss the white Apple products too, although accessories (Power Adapters, mice, cables etc) don't seem set to change.

I think part of the reason Apple probably wants to move away from the glossy white is that it is no longer something that makes them different - Every electronics manufacturer makes products in glossy white to emulate Apple's product design so moving to something like Aluminium makes them exclusive and stylish once again (few manufacturers seem to like using metal for product enclosures for some reason).

Fortunately Apple does metal enclosures very very well, so at least if they're moving away from glossy white, the enclosures they make are still very desirable

8. Rob-Dae macrumors newbie

Can kind of sympathise, my 2nd gen ipod is too retro to be true, though i too think marketing has taken a step in the right direction, even though there is now obscurities in product aesthetics between (without meaning to sound as though criticising lower Mac models) the professional and more consumer machines. i think the new iMac kind of confirms this, taking on the silver usually reserved for the PB/MBP and power mac etc. Still, can't say i'd complain to an ipod that actually looks at home next to my laptop.

Now to decide on touch or classic...(160GB hard drive screams removable music disk-more laptop drive space for files :D)

(What happened to the nano? design nightmare-looks disproportional to itself and, i'll reserve judgement until i see one, but looks damn un-ergonomical too! and is the new colour range becoming seasonal? only thankful bought orange shuffle before they stopped being done in that colour!)