I-Movie audio problems, please help

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by sako7stw, Dec 19, 2009.

1. sako7stw macrumors member

My wife and I are trying to do a DVD project for Christmas presents and we are having problems with putting music to our videos. The main problem we are having is getting the songs to fade out in transition to the next part of the video where we want a new song to start. Some of these transitions, we are cutting the song short so the natural fade at the end of the song wont work.

We click on the little symbol that looks like a speaker with soundwaves and it says Manual or auto and you can adjust the time but it seams to make zero difference. I think it isnt working working right.

We are so frustrated!!

2. xStep macrumors 68000

I'm not sure...

Do your audio tracks look like the attached GIF animation? These tracks are shown below my video, while background tracks are shown above video, as shown in the second attached image.

Background music is dragged to the background space of a project. The tracks in the animation were dragged and dropped onto the video track. The second technique allows easier positioning of your music. I'm not sure what affect it will have on the audio already in a video. You may have play with ducking then.

Attached Files:

3. sako7stw thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, That was helpful. I think we got all of the songs but 1 to finally pretty much fade the way we wanted it to. Not sure how or what we did different but whatever I guess LOL