I movie to hard drive

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by saladiro, Mar 28, 2008.

1. saladiro macrumors 6502a

saladiro

Hi, I have some large movie files stored on my external hard drive. I want to play them through I movie. the problem is that I movie points directly to "movies" in finder. I can I get it to look at my external HD.

I can open the movies from the exteral HD via quick time, the problem is, since its from a camcorder and i basically played and stoped a bunch of times on my trip, it shows each break as an individual file. so I have to watch 25 quick time files

please help

2. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I think, and I could be mistaken, but you will probably have to import the clips into iMovie and edit them together then export them as 1 movie. iMovie is an editing software and not really just a player like Quicktime.

Peace:cool:

3. EB66 macrumors 6502

yep ur gonna need to do some editing their cheif.... i don't really think there is one simple way to open them all together

4. saladiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

saladiro

k...cool....(well not cool)....i had a feeling thats what i had to do. I could however temporatly move the movie files into the "movie" folder in finder from my external and then play for my guest via I movie, then delete or move back.

..I guess its a matter if which is more manual....

tks!

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Or you could just create aliases for those files in your Movies folder.

6. saladiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

saladiro

how exactly do i do that....how will that help me