Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr M5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
I am trying to use I movie to practice some speeches and then email them to my boss for review. I got the "test" video to capture but can't figure out how to email it, can anybody tell me how, I'm sure i'm missing something simple.

Thanks,

Silofolous

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2009
What version of iMovie do you use?

Also, do you have access to Photobooth? Because that would probably be a much simpler process. But you might not be able to email the video in Lion, though, I'm not sure.

Mr M5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
I movie 09. I think I do now have it figured out after about an hour of playing around. But if you have a simpler way I'm open.

photo booth does appear to be loaded.

Silofolous

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2009
Well, when I rehearse sermons and the like, and I need to see how my form is, I just open Photobooth, click the movie option, and record. In your pictures folder, there is a folder called "Photobooth" and any movies you record in photo booth will be there. If you run Snow Leopard or Lion, you have Quicktime X, which allows you to trim out annoying things (like the beginning where you're walking away from the computer to where you want to go). It's a pretty painless process, and I'd recommend you give it a shot to see if it works with what you need to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.