i movie won't recognize camera, but once it did!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by paloepinata, Dec 16, 2008.

1. paloepinata macrumors newbie

paloepinata

PROBLEMA
    2 nights ago I imported a little exerpt of a tape from my mini DV camera to i movie. I was a happy girl.

Hours later tried to capture another portion and i movie does not see the camera (no camera connected)

2 days later trying all sorts of instructions from mac help over and over but nothing

Panasonic PV GS80

WHAT I HAVE DONE

I have put it on and off, unplugged everything, re-started both camera, computer, checked the date on camera to match computer's EXCEPT

it suggests to remove the battery (not only the pack) but one which may be behind somewhere, like those nickel sized ones. I looked at the camera, looked at its manual and don't find such a battery so, short of that I've done everything else including trying it in another computer.

HELP!

2. Mattaut macrumors regular

I have had this same problem though with me sometimes it recognizes the camera but it won't show the video playing. One day I was having major problems with it and I could not get any video imported, was switching around firewire cables, turning the camera and computer on and off but nothing worked. Then the next day after some messing around I tried and it was working :confused: For me I think it might have something to do with the firewire jack on my camera, but not totally sure might be iMovie just bugging out as it tends to do sometimes...