I must Complete The Circles!

Onimusha370

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
In the middle of exam season, my suggested calorie goal this week was 130...
looking forward to summer when I can set it back to 600 and have the time to fill the rings everyday :)

Wallabe

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2015
I'm very impressed with how well the circles work as a motivator. I've tried a number of times to get myself more active, but usually succumb to the "third-day boredom" syndrome. Not this time! I find myself making one more trip to the store just so I can fill in the circle. I get very happy when I manage to fill in all three circles, and feel sad when I miss one. My mom seems to feel the same way. The big puzzle is how to get the excerise circle to fill -- why does jumping jacks work, but not sweeping the floor?
Sweep faster! Put your back into it. :p

viachicago22

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2013
I have been walking during breaks at work. Another small but meaningful example of how the Watch is making a big difference!

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68030
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
I gotta admit, the Apple Watch has certainly help me be more active! I really like it. I gotta fill in those circles daily too! Once it didn't register my 12th hour standing up in time before midnight and I got a little sad actually. That seems to be fixed in the new update though.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
....As for apps: the scale is actually more awesome than that. It doesn't actually communicate directly with an app at all. It is WIFI... it sends the measurements to withings.com (and it automatically recognizes WHO in your household is standing on the scale and adds the measurement to their profile).

So you don't have to have any App open at all... your phone doesn't even have to be around at all. Just hop on the scale and done. Perfect.

The Withings App is good though. It gets new measurements pushed to it as they come in... and it adds them into the Health app automatically.....
Just a quick addition. In order for weight/body fat info to populate to the Health App you have to open the Withings iPhone App. Also it dynamically updates you weight info in the Companion App.

friedmud

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
In the middle of exam season, my suggested calorie goal this week was 130...
looking forward to summer when I can set it back to 600 and have the time to fill the rings everyday :)
I just finished some major exams so I know how that is. The Watch helped to "shake me up" a bit while studying. When it told me to stand... I would go for a brisk walk... I would think about what I had been studying on the walk and arrive back at my desk refreshed and ready to continue.

I ended up doing pretty well on some crazy hard exams. Who knows if the Watch actually helped though.

What I do know is that I LOST weight during a time period where I usually gain a lot. That is pretty sweet :)

Good luck on your tests!

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Much easier to complete the circles in 1.0 unfortunately.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1885449

I'm much less interested in them now they have inaccuracies.
Yeah. The update really messed with the way it credits me for excerise. Before, a brisk walk to the bus stop counted as excerise, but after the update, I get 0 credit for walking. I can still complete the move circle, no problem, but the excerise circle is a big problem. I wish we could set the level of exertion we have to put in in order to get things counted as excerise. Thinking about sending Apple feedback on this.

Knightcastle

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2015
Yeah. The update really messed with the way it credits me for excerise. Before, a brisk walk to the bus stop counted as excerise, but after the update, I get 0 credit for walking. I can still complete the move circle, no problem, but the excerise circle is a big problem. I wish we could set the level of exertion we have to put in in order to get things counted as excerise. Thinking about sending Apple feedback on this.
Please do, I've been on with their live chat department today and they have recognised that it is an issue after I provided screenshots. The more people report this the better.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
My first day with my new AW made me realize how much exercise it takes to burn off 700 calories. Definitely a better idea to not eat those calories in the first place than to try and work them off!:p

friedmud

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
Interesting. I haven't had any trouble getting my walking to qualify as exercise. I do make it a point to put my iPhone in my pant pocket and leave my Watch hand free so it can swing while I walk.

The problem I've had with 1.01 is the heart rate thing. I now make it a point to open up the heart rate glance in the middle of my walks and end. It seems to help in getting credit for the calories burned...

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I now make it a point to open up the heart rate glance in the middle of my walks and end. It seems to help in getting credit for the calories burned...
Yes, that does seem to help. Of course, I keep forgetting to do so, or it's not an option when I'm running to make the bus. :p

flur

macrumors 68020
Nov 12, 2012
Strange...it's EASIER for me now, after the update. I get more credit for brisk walking than I got before.

Planepics

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2015
Nevada
Im having issues with the indoor treadmill. It does NOT count my entire time. This morning I did 50 mins, and it gave me 6 mins of exercise! (but it did count my steps!)
But if I do OTHER, I get the exercise credit.
I know it has to do with the heart rate, and I do the best that I can, but REALLY!
Any suggestions?:(

friedmud

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
Im having issues with the indoor treadmill. It does NOT count my entire time. This morning I did 50 mins, and it gave me 6 mins of exercise! (but it did count my steps!)
But if I do OTHER, I get the exercise credit.
I know it has to do with the heart rate, and I do the best that I can, but REALLY!
Any suggestions?:(
Try to open the Heart Rate Glance during your exercise and toward the end. It makes a big difference.

Hopefully they fix up the heart rate stuff in the next update.

stoomc

Suspended
May 11, 2015
Dang! I changed out the iPhone I originally paired with my watch and now all my tracking is erased.

But I raised my goal an extra +100 calories so looking forward to finishing those rings! ;):apple:
Is Activity data uploaded to iCloud?

PilotC150

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2015
I'm not entirely obsessed with closing all of the circles. Based on normal life I'll always close the Stand ring and the Exercise ring doesn't really bother me if it can't close it. But I'm at a 22 day streak of closing the Move ring, that's the one that gets me.

I had to get on my bike last night at 11pm just so I could get the last 100 calories to close the ring and keep the streak going.