I must have missed the memo......

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by NJFP, Aug 16, 2013.

1. NJFP macrumors 6502

But since when do we now have to enter your password when upgrading an existing app from the app store? This just started two days ago. That was the nice thing about iOS 6, you have an app, an upgrade comes out, and bam! it just installs. No need to reenter your password. I'm running 6.1.4 on a IP5. What happened?

2. Bear macrumors G3

I have not run into this issue on either of my iOS devices nor has a couple of friends I just queried.

The only suggestion I have is to actually power down your iOS device and then power it back on and see if that helps.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I must have missed the memo and the update. I just updated 8 apps on iOS 7 beta 6 and didn't enter my password. I don't even think I had to agree to some silly age restriction deal. The Digg app was an update and that gives you the 17+ disclaimer deal.

Anyway, I don't get why you'd have to.

4. NJFP thread starter macrumors 6502

What a great idea! I should have thought to reboot my phone on my own. DOH! Just did that and now I wait for an app update............

BTW, just updated two apps on my iPad mini and it didn't ask for my password.

5. viajy127 macrumors newbie

I set my restrictions to require password "immediately" and now have to supply my password to download updates.

I think the two are related but not sure...

6. RoyalStone macrumors member

The same happened with me, so I think that "immediately" also requires passwords for updates.

7. Todd Riddle macrumors newbie

I must have missed the memo......

I had recently update my iPhone with iOS 6 and few apps from app store, but it had not asked for any security password. I think it might be some software issues. Just restart your device, it would resolve the problem.