Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stinkythe1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Ya'll can delete this thread or whatever, cause I know the entire mac community feels the same way and I'm just beating a dead horse, but here I go.

I wish that people would start using macs. There that's all I want.

Now I get to teach some old guy how to use windows tomorrow. FUN!:mad:

Thanks...

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
Ya, and I wish people would use vi instead of emacs, but then I remember that if they're fine and happy, and it works for them, there's no point. Just remember that. Besides, windows isn't that bad... okay maybe it is. :eek:

llama

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
I know.

Well, I got my mother to switch. She got a Mac mini, and I've been helping her get acclimated to 21st century computing.

OTOH, my sister-in-law, bright in many other respects, has steadfastly refused to even consider one, despite the fact that she's had two problematical Wintel computers already. She thinks it's because they were hand-me-downs. (I'm sure that's part of it, but not all.) I told her about all the viruses she'd have to keep track of that the Mac is not susceptible to. I told her about how Macs are more advanced yet easy to use. No dice. She just wants to be a sheep and follow what "everyone else" is doing.

I know there will soon come a time when she calls me up because she's having problems similar to her first two computers. And I know what I'm going to say: "Didn't I tell you to get a Mac?"

Kobushi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
Right behind you.
Stinkythe1 said:
Now I get to teach some old guy how to use windows tomorrow. FUN!:mad:

Thanks...

Make sure the first thing you show him is how to use IE to get to the Apple Store :)

Thomas Veil said:
I know there will soon come a time when she calls me up because she's having problems similar to her first two computers. And I know what I'm going to say: "Didn't I tell you to get a Mac?"

Yeah, what's up with that? I can't count how many people have asked me for advice on a computer purchase. I just convince them to go Mac and at the last minute, some obscure cousin comes out of nowhere and convinces them to go PC. They're reason? "Well, <obscure relative> really knows a lot about computers and can help me with any problems" hmph:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.