I need a 17 inch Laptop Backpack recommendation...needs to be roomy

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mariotheotaku, Dec 9, 2008.

1. mariotheotaku macrumors regular

Hello, I will be traveling to Mexico for vacation on about 2 weeks and I will be taking my 17 inch Macbook pro laptop with me along with some other things and I need a good traveling laptop with lots of space. Here is what I will be taking with me:

17 inch MB Pro with ac adapter and logitech mouse and mouse pad
    1 tb external HD from WD
    about 8-10 graphic books that are about 7.4 x 5 x 0.7 inches each
    5-10 cds with cases

I am in sort of a budget so if its possible I want it to be $50.00 but I can pay a little more.

Thank you

2. naoaram macrumors newbie

A tad above your price range, but worth every penny.

I recently purchased an Incase Nylon Backpack and it's amazing, while I only have a thirteen inch aluminum macbook, it could easily fit your seventeen inch macbook pro. It has a soft fur lined pouch built into the back which can house your laptop, and two very large zip-open areas for whatever you could possibly wish to fit. It has ergonomic should straps which are very comfortable. I'm still finding new pockets, there are so many, and it's been the best backpack I've ever owned, and I've tried some solid brands.

Here's the link to the website:

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/nylon-backpack-cl55034/4

I know that it's nearly twice the price of what you're looking to spend, but trust me when I say it's worth every penny, it's not a backpack, it's a friggin' investment.

3. darklyt macrumors regular

This Targus bag is great. I carry my MBP and a couple of small buffalo around in it. I really recommend it.

4. A.Jai macrumors member

A.Jai

5. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Take a look at Timbuk2. They have some really nice bags, and as of thus far the better of all bags/cases I have used in terms of quality.

Coolest bonus is you can design your own bag (color and texture wise)