I Need a Better AdBlock

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JudasX, Dec 28, 2007.

1. JudasX macrumors newbie

hey all i'm running a macbook pro with tiger 10.4.11 and I use safari as my browser (firefox/opera on special occassions) While i love the speed and ease safari provides....the ad blocking doesn't cut it! i've stumbled on a few sites that destroy my good vibes with annoying ads. Any suggestions on a plugin or something to improve my browsing experience?

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

I'd recommend switching to Firefox. The Adblock there is the best in the business. :^)

3. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I find firefox combined with the adblock plus with it's subscription service enabled and the flashblock extensions work wonders. To further enhance my experience I use Menu Editor and edit this about:config setting.

4. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

If you are not into Firefox, you could try Camino. It's still Mozilla, but with the OS X look. It also has better built-in adblock and flashblock than Safari. It's not as good as Firefox with its plugins, but it's much better than Safari. On top of that, it's still fast. Some even say faster than Safari.

Just give it a try at http://caminobrowser.org/ or for the latest stable alpha http://preview.caminobrowser.org/

5. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

Recently there have been more programs available for Safari. I used to use Firefox and I have since switched to Safari because I find it to be much snappier (not joking this time). Look for Adblock for Safari, or you can look for PithHelmet, both are good, though I like Adblock better.

6. IChing macrumors regular

7. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

My vote goes to PithHelmet, its definitely the best ad-blocker out there :)

8. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

Which sites are getting around good vibrations?

9. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer