I need a Bluetooth mic for 4s (preferably stereo shotgun mic)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pjny, Oct 25, 2011.

1. pjny macrumors 6502a

I am shooting video using my iphone 4s on a Steadicam Smoothee stabilization rig but need better audio than the inbuilt mic. Is a bluetooth mic available that syncs with the 4s?

I would prefer a directional shotgun mic but any decent mic will do as long. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Consider that Bluetooth audio has a little bit of latency to it from A/D conversion. Might not be the best choice for video, your audio could be a little out of sync.

If you are post-processing the video on a computer you can probably fix it, but a wired mic will make it easier.

3. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

Yeah, quality is an issue with BT mics. Even the really nice ones will have relatively poor quality when compared to wired mics. BT mics are also very prone to interference. It's just something to stay away from in my experience.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

I'd strongly suggest a separate audio recording system so you can choose from any of the good shotgun mics out there. You're artificially limiting your options with the BT shotgun mic requirement (if there are any).

5. pjny thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, everybody.