Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ken1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
I have a serial number but system updates lost the file. Mediafour won't give me a new copy of an "unsupported" version.
I prefer not to purchase the newer version. Don't need it.
Thanks

Joshuarocks

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2011
Somewhere in Cyberspace
My thoughts on Macdrive - any version

I have a serial number but system updates lost the file. Mediafour won't give me a new copy of an "unsupported" version.
I prefer not to purchase the newer version. Don't need it.
Thanks

My advice is to stay away from that program!! I tried out macdrive 8 on my 2010/2009 mac pro and when doing lower level diagnostics, like hard drive smart utilities, the macdrive 8 caused NUMEROUS and PAINFUL BSOD's for me under windows 7. It even messed with my NTFS partition and almost did a lot of damage to my partition for windows!!

Your best bet.. Use another program.. macdrive is a terrible, and poorly coded program. All it does is it gives the Mac's EFI Firmware the power to overtake the windows boot camp partition which will end up in terrible Blue screen stop errors..

Microsoft came to that conclusion when I called them about it, though I wanted to hear their side of the story... I normally don't call Microsoft for support, but I wanted to hear their experience from users trying to run macdrive under bootcamp.

ken1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Mac drive

Thanks for the reply
I haven't gone beyond trial version of MD 7 but it has been great for me for years.
Some possible factors:
I don't use boot camp or parallels
I use PC only to run Quicken b/c I have to.
Thanks again

Markov

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2007
Philadelphia
Thanks for the reply
I haven't gone beyond trial version of MD 7 but it has been great for me for years.
Some possible factors:
I don't use boot camp or parallels
I use PC only to run Quicken b/c I have to.
Thanks again

If you still need MD 6, I believe I have an iso on hard disk somewhere on my terabyte. I'll take a look tonight when I get home from work. If you do still need it, email me @

mark.kaspin@gmail.com

I hardly log onto macrumors, and when I do, I never fail to neglect PM's lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.