I need a dead simple CMS...does one exist?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by jamdr, Mar 12, 2010.

1. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

Ok, here's what I want:
    I enjoy hand-coding my sites. I like HTML and CSS and Javascript. What I want to be able to do is design a site and then tack-on a CMS to my existing site instead of writing it from the ground-up to use a certain CMS. None of the sites I design are straight-up blogs, nor do they have user log-in or even comments most of the time. What I want to be able to do is tell a CMS ok, this div here I assigned a class of "managed_content" should be managed by you, but everything else is managed by me. Then I can go to the admin panel of the CMS and upload articles, etc. and they will appear in that div.

Does anything like this exist? It seems like every CMS wants to take complete control of my site and I don't want to let go of all control. Plus, I don't need like 95% of the features offered by Wordpress, Joomla, etc. I'm not writing a frickin blog, I just don't want to write php code to interact with a database and I want clients to have an easy-to-use interface to upload new content.

2. Calvinatir macrumors 6502

Calvinatir

3. dopey220 macrumors 6502

dopey220

4. ManofMac-au macrumors newbie

5. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

If you're feeling a little adventurouse, these options are real easy and don't need a database:

CMS from Scratch (though this one can be buggy if you're unlucky)
    Editease (I'v not tried this one, but looks interesting!)

Let us know which you end up using :)

/Doug

6. 7031 macrumors 6502

Wow nice thread, this is actually very useful stuff that I have never considered before, but may consider using in the future.

Generally I will just port themes to WordPress, but I'm thinking these CMS programs could be very useful for when I'm working on a more basic website.

7. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo