I need a desk

ebook

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2004
Sprint Car Capital of the World
I'm looking for a new desk for my home office. I need something roughly around 60" long and the width can be about 30" to 35" or so. I have looked at Ikea, but I don't really know where else to look for some inexpensive desks. I'm looking for something that is plain yet not cheap looking (but still low in price) Something with a-frame style legs or t-legs maybe. Do you guys know of any websites that I could check out. The desk does not need to have any drawers because I would like to have some sort of modular file units. I would love any pointers.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
30" is easy, 35" is harder. You're faced with a problem I've had in the past. Now I solved it with a $250 desk from Staples that is about 2.5 feet wide and 59" long. I love it and it's perfect for me.
Staples.com
officemax.com
try ebay as well.

Comment

dilg

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2003
I was incredibly particular about my computer desk purchase, and this is what I ended up with:

http://www.dwr.com/productdetail.cfm?id=6807

The thing is, I bought this desk at Storehouse last year for $285 on sale. Shows you how much markup Design Within Reach is! I love this desk; its core is hardwood plywood and the surface is maple veneer. Its dimensions are 60in x 30in. I have a 19in LaCie monitor on top that leaves plenty of room for a keyboard and misc items in front of it. It appears Storehouse no longer carries it, but DWR does. I hope there's an alternative source out there because it really is a great desk.

Comment

japasneezemonk

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2005
Nomad
dilg said:
I was incredibly particular about my computer desk purchase, and this is what I ended up with:

http://www.dwr.com/productdetail.cfm?id=6807

The thing is, I bought this desk at Storehouse last year for $285 on sale. Shows you how much markup Design Within Reach is! I love this desk; its core is hardwood plywood and the surface is maple veneer. Its dimensions are 60in x 30in. I have a 19in LaCie monitor on top that leaves plenty of room for a keyboard and misc items in front of it. It appears Storehouse no longer carries it, but DWR does. I hope there's an alternative source out there because it really is a great desk.
love the desk, too bad im broke and in need of a new chair. An Aeron chair would be nice.

Comment

ouphe

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
That Anthro group has a lot of nice stuff. Anybody know of anything like that, but more in a college student's price range :) ?
Good luck on your desk search, ebook. Every once in a while something nice and desky pops up on slickdeals.net, so maybe watch them?

-Colin

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.