I need a free To-Do App with Push! Thanks!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vader1990, Jul 23, 2009.

1. vader1990 macrumors regular

hi,

I need some sort of free app that does push and acts somewhat like a to-do list for me.

I'm in college and I need to put on it when my hw it due and what class, and i need it to nag me on the day that its due so that i dont forget and can actually do it. What is the best app for the job?

Thanks!!

2. netslacker macrumors 6502

Why not just enter the hw into the calendar and set the notifications?

3. monaklan macrumors newbie

reQall is the one you want, it's the best! Plus it does voice recognition notes.
    So lets say you got a Dr apt on Friday. Just say "dr apt this Friday at 9am" and it uploads, transcribes and adds it in text. Then it alerts you through push, or you can set it up to text you, or email you! All that and it's free! :D

4. cmaier macrumors G3

how do they make money to pay for the push server? volume?

5. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Apple owns the push servers.

6. cmaier macrumors G3

yeah, but developers need a machine to run the backend logic to inform the push servers what to push. The to-do list lives on your phone and on their server, and when their server determines that you have a to-do coming up, it informs apple's server to do a push.

7. monaklan macrumors newbie

They sell a pro service, something about how it helps you to remember things, I don't know, it sounded kind of weird. I didn't upgrade, I use it everyday, it works. I used the whole calender thing before, where you add alerts, it works too, but this is so much easier and faster. :D