I need a good task manager......

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by BHP41, Feb 5, 2011.

1. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

Im looking for a good task manager/to do list that syncs with iPhone,iPad,and the PC. The PC doesn't have to be software. If I can access it through the web is fine. I also need it to sync as easy as possible. I've been looking but have not found one I really like yet.

Suggestions on which one you think is best..

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I really like "To Do" by Appigo.

There are separate versions for the iPhone and iPad, both are really nicely designed. And it'll sync with toodledo.com accounts, so accessing your lists, adding, editing, marking complete, etc., from the web is easy.

The app will do nested to-do items and also has categories like "Call" a person and "Email" a person and will integrate with your iOS devices' address book.

It's very much worth the couple of bucks each app costs. I've also paid for a "pro" account at toodledo.com (standard accounts are free), which allows for proper cloud syncing of nested and advanced items. Pro accounts are something like $15 for the year, which is very reasonable and worth it, IMHO.

You can also set up via toodledo.com a subscribed calendar in iCal format so you can see due dates and such in iCal on the Mac and on your iDevices' calendar app (also works with Google/Gmail calendar and Outlook on the PC).

Appigo, the maker of the app, also has its own cloud-based sync service but I think it's mainly to get data from one iOS device to another, without web-based access, though I don't know all the specifics (since I've been a toodledo user for so long).

3. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

This was the #1 thing I was looking for when I first got an iPhone.

I love Pocket Informant. It is rather expensive ($12-$15), but you get what you pay for. It is very robust...providing many capabilities.

I have my PI set to sync with my google account. Then I have my iCal set to sync with my Google account. Therefore, anytime I make a change on my phone it is almost instantly viewable on my computer.

The to-do-list is very robust as well providing multiple alarms, tags, calanders, etc. I can't say enough good stuff about it.

Good luck,

Cosmo

4. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I use Awesome Note. It syncs with Evernote or Google Docs and its a very well made application. The graphics and UI are beautiful as well.