I need a headphone extension cable.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by steve knight, Jun 9, 2010.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I have trouble finding a 4 prong cable thaqt is not a converter to the standard 3 prong. I just need something about 4 to 6" long. something with a 90 degree plug would be great as the headphone cables can break from putting them in my pocket.

2. Badfoot macrumors 6502

3. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

not sure but I think those end up with a 3 prong on the female jack. so you can use regular headphones.

4. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

5. Badfoot macrumors 6502

I believe they were used on the earlier iPhones that had the recessed socket, don't know if they are only 3 terminal out for headphones only or all 4 terminals for aftermarket earphones/mic.

That other splitter that you listed is all 4 terminal out though, I told someone on this forum a while ago about it, he specifically wanted a splitter, and he reported back that it worked perfect.

6. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

I ordered 3 for that price. I just hope they don't catch on my pocket.
    I have had more plugs go bad because they don't have any flex. I have had 4 or 5 griffin headphone adapters die because of this. I have had several other brands dies because of this. I bought a pair of skullcandy headphones and they have a great plug. but the over the ear design kind of sucks. so I got some full metal jackets. they have the same sucky jack design and the cloth on the plug was already cracked with only 1/2 day in my pocket.