I need a host for a site URGENT!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Emilio454, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Emilio454 macrumors newbie

Please help me, i need a host for a site called http://www.clanhalo.net .
    I need one not free because it can't support the site, PLEASE HELP ME!!!
    3,700 persons are waiting for the your help too!
    My e-mail is emilio_a_h@hotmail.com
    My AIM is chkobat
    PLEASE CONTACT ME!

2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

looks like you have access to the internet. can't you use your knod and search google? you specify you like a hosting package but you don't say what features..

:rolleyes:

3. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Huh? What, did you promise 3,700 people you'd make a website?

Have you even registered the domain yet?

4. Emilio454 thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't promise 3,700 people to make a website, the website is this http://clanhalo.net but the administrators didn't want to pay the money because it was a lot and i want another host please.

5. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Ah, I see.

Well, Dreamhost has coupons lying around for really cheap hosting, but after the promo period it's $10 a month. I don't think that's unreasonable for what you get.

(Hint: Even though it's nominally $120 a year, the promo code I used gave me like $100 off...)

Surely there are other free hosting sites.

My personal blog is on VizaWeb for very cheap ($35 a year) but I can no longer recommend them after they randomly kicked off an account that belongs to an organization I work with. One day they simply found their account suspended - no notifications, and they've refused to respond to any of their support calls or even pleas for help. Yeesh.

6. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

First of all, you'll need access to the domain's control panel, because you need access to re-point the domain to your new host... also, i can give you a promotion code if you need one.

7. devguys.com macrumors newbie

8. ~David macrumors regular

~David

We use 1and1 (http://www.1and1.com) to host our site. They've been great so far.

I saw someone recommend Dreamhost, I would suggest you avoid them at all cost. We use to use that host, and it was a nightmare (excuse the pun). Horrid service and their service reps were anything but helpful.

9. bbeers macrumors regular

bbeers

Looking for Hosting

If you are looking for cheap hosting, just look at FindMyHosting.com
    http://www.findmyhosting.com/

I have been using this site for years to find hosting. It is a great resource. I am currently webhostingbuzz.com for my resellers and I love them.

Just remeber it takes 24-48 hours for a DNS to fully update.

10. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

I'll piggyback on this thread before I start my own. I'm in need of a low-cost hosting solution, basically just to play around with putting some content up over ftp. I don't need a ton of reliability.

I've used asmallorange in the past, so if I don't get any better suggestions I'd probably go with their $25/yr "tiny" plan. Any other options out there?

11. sk8r527 macrumors member

12. nslyax macrumors regular

If you don't expect much bandwidth or storage need, I have been using Nearly Free Speech for over a year and have been very happy. You only need to pay for what you use, and my personal blog has been about $5 per year.

If you expect to have a large amount of data on the server or have huge bandwidth, the price will likely scale up to another host being better though.

Prices are on their site, and if you have an idea of what you will use it's not too hard to get a quick estimate on an excel sheet.

$1.00 per GB of bandwidth
    $0.01 per MB/month for disk use
    $0.01 per day for MySQL (my major expense actually)

Obviously not for everyone, but works very well for me.