I need a idea for a film

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by TheEpicFilmCo, Jan 18, 2009.

1. TheEpicFilmCo macrumors regular

I have a iMac, I have Final Cut Express 4 and soon I will have a high definition camcorder. I do not however I have an idea for a film.
    I will be interested in any ideas that you may have but I don't really want the film over about 20 minutes.
    Thanks a lot.

2. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

How about one where the judges on Strictly Come Dancing or equivalent are abducted and held for ransom, and where this "ransom" turns out to comprise making amends (you'd have to decide what this involves) for taking part in such an aesthetic travesty? Tougher penalties for aesthetic crimes.

3. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

First...

Not to sound harsh or anything, but filmmaking is a highly creative process and if you have to ask around for ideas for a film, you're in the wrong business. Ideas for any story are EVERYWHERE. Observe your surroundings. Great stories can exist in the simplest of things that are taken for granted. What kinds of books do you like to read? What kind of films do you enjoy? Is there anything you feel passionate about?

Second...

Not to assume anything, but if this is your first film, I'd focus on producing a small short first, no longer than perhaps 3 minutes running time. Write a script, plan a shot list, etc. Good filmmaking is a creative science as well as a technical one and it gets far more complicated with longer, more ambitious projects.

That's hilarious!

4. TheEpicFilmCo thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the ideas!
    Firstly, I have made a few short films already and I am now ready to make a slightly longer one. Maybe not a 20 minute one, maybe something in between 5 and 10 minutes.
    I'd quite like the video to have some action in it. So maybe I might make a short film like James Bond. I can't think of any good plot ideas though. I know this sounds stupid asking you for plot ideas, but this will be my first serious go at making a short film, and I want it to be quite good.
    Thanks again.

5. TheEpicFilmCo thread starter macrumors regular

Actually, I'll probably make a trailer for a James Bond type action film thing. :)

6. mgpg89 macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

As long as you don't make another video about a potato, it's all good.

7. TheEpicFilmCo thread starter macrumors regular

hahahahha lol :D