I need a Mouse that works with Safari in OS X

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by J&JPolangin, Aug 8, 2009.

1. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

I have lots of different brand mouse products and none of them seem to work in OS X safari to move the pages backwards and forwards... those aren't even choices on the logitech setup software:(

I have the following (maybe someone knows a trick I'm missing to get these to work?):

1. MS intelli mouse explorer (older optical)

2. iHome nano USB laser mouse

3. logitech v470 BT

4. Mi optical explorer

5. MS basic optical (so it doesn't have forward/backward buttons anyway) and its wired

6. MS thin desktop set 6000 (just purchased but the reviews are so-so and I figure I'll return it and get a thin logitech wave desktop set if I can confirm which one would actually work)?

**** All my other computers are winXP and the forward/backward works on Safari under winXP :mad:

Please help!

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

If you have a Logitech mouse have you tried using the Logitech Control Center? That gives the option for application specific functions for buttons and the forward/back option.

3. J&JPolangin thread starter macrumors 68030

...the logitech control center doesn't have an option for the "tilt" wheel on the v470 (or the v450 nano I sold) to make it work for forward/backward on the pages... unless apple calls it something strange? (I tried all the options and none worked).

4. J&JPolangin thread starter macrumors 68030

5. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

I have a Logitech v200 mouse and use Logitech Control Center to set the forward/back option by setting the Tilt Left and Tilt Right options to a Keystroke. Tilt Left is set as Command + [ and Tilt Right is set as Command + ]. There is no preset option for this effect so you have to create a custom one using the Keystroke setting.

6. J&JPolangin thread starter macrumors 68030

...I got the iHome nano mouse to work (haven't tried the others yet - had to go into work on Sunday:()...

Thanks again for the link!

7. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

If you use a Microsoft mouse you can download software which gets all the mouse buttons working. If you download Microsoft intellipoint for mac it should work.