I need a new cell phone...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ChePibe, Apr 3, 2008.

1. ChePibe macrumors member

FINALLY, my contract has come to an end, and I can replace the $15 Go Phone that has been covering me for the past six months since my Razr went the way of the world. Hallelujah!

I cannot afford an iPhone at this point - I'm in law school, so I can't afford much at all, really. I will be getting AT&T service, however, in the hope that one day I shall be able to join the ranks of the iPhone owners.

I liked my Razr's form factor, but hated EVERYTHING about the interface. I just want a phone with a good interface more than anything.

Here's what I need:

1) Flip phone or slider. Flip is preferable, and must have a good outer screen. I do NOT want to have to press any "unlock" buttons EVER AGAIN.

2) Good camera interface - the WORST thing about the Razr was having to select to store EACH AND EVERY PHOTO. What. The. Hell. I just want to take pictures, NOT be faced with a barrage of way I can be forced to spend money each time I do so.

3) No "gotcha" buttons - I do not want a browser, video, or other button that I can quickly rack up extra charges by accidentally pushing. I know these are omnipresent, but would at least prefer a phone that I can remap these buttons on.

4) Good VOICE quality - I have sent approximately 10 txt messages in my entire life, and that was enough for me. I don't care about texting - just solid voice performance.

5) BLUETOOTH - I need some way to sync with my Mac's address book, so Bluetooth is a necessity.

6) Clock - I just want to be able to see the time the moment I look at the phone. I would LOVE to be able to see the time DURING a phone call - now THAT would be magical.

My budget is near zero here, but Amazon has a lot of phones that cost nothing or basically nothing after the rebate, so I'm fine in that regard.

Any suggestions for a phone with a GOOD interface? I can really use the help!

Thanks!

2. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I'm sure that was helpful. Nobody would think to look there. :rolleyes:

If you want a good interface, then Nokia is the way to go. They make the best operating system and sturdy shells. Many of their phones also have high end Carl Zeiss lenses.

Something that would be helpful is if you could tell us how you're planning on acquiring this phone (i.e. With a contract on AT&T? Or GoPhone prepaid? Or unlocked GSM?) and what your budget is.

As for now, the only thing I can suggest to you is the Nokia 6555 from AT&T. It's only about $50 on contract.

3. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Yeah, you need a Nokia, best UI, easy to use, good quality cameras, and they are very reliable and strong.