i need a new computer NOWish...will the refurb price drop?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by wrench, Feb 19, 2009.

1. wrench macrumors newbie

I know lots of folks here would advise me to wait, but I really need a new computer asap. I've been looking at the imac refurbs, and I guess my question is how the prices might change when the new imacs come out. My assumption would be that the current model prices will go down, and the next gen refurbs will be about equal to the prices now. Is this correct? Should I just go ahead and get the imac now? Or should I wait and hope prices go down? I can wait a week, but definitely not a month.

2. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

From previous experience, the models tend to go down 5-10% after the introduction of new ones.

3. NRose8989 macrumors 6502a

also it will be a couple weeks after the new release before you even see a new model in the refurb area.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

The refurb price JUST dropped to its lowest ever.

5. danny_w macrumors 601

What do you mean by "JUST" dropped? They look the same to me as they have for quite some time. The 24" 2.4 has been $1299 and the 24" 2.8 has been $1549 for at least the last few weeks, and I think much longer than that. I just ordered a 24" 2.4 and it should get here tomorrow. I think Apple honors price drops for 30 days after it ships.

6. wrench thread starter macrumors newbie

Is that a published fact? I just decided to take the dive and if that's true, then I'll keep an eye on the refurb store for a while.

7. danny_w macrumors 601

This is the published Apple policy, and it is a link on the refurb page. I don't know for a fact that it does cover refurbs, but it doesn't specifically say that it doesn't. And it is 14 days, not 30 as I thought.