I need a new iphone replacement!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stevoeddz, Aug 17, 2008.

1. stevoeddz macrumors member

Alright, so we're playing basketball at a friends house today. I set my new 16gb white iPhone down on a rock so that it wouldn't fall out of my basketball shorts while playing.

So their neighbor comes out...who none of us like... but we didn't wanna be jerks and send him away... so we let him play.

Anyway, we're all playing basketball and I look at the neighbor to find that he is STANDING ON MY IPHONE!!!!! Now thanks to the dumb ass I have a bunch of scratches on my new iPhone! I beat pricks ass...

So does anyone know what I could tell the Genius Bar so I can get a replacement phone?

I just hate looking at the back of my brand new iPhone to see these scratches. I take great care of my stuff but it just pisses the hell out of me that someone else messed up my phone (which i worked my ass off to buy).

2. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

They aren't going to replace it for accidental damage. Enjoy.

3. stevoeddz thread starter macrumors member

I mean tell the geniuses that it has a "problem"

4. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

Even if you did do that, I would hope the genius would have half a brain and notice that it is all scratched up. If you tell him it has a "problem" and can't replicate the problem in store he isn't going to replace it.

5. gcmexico macrumors 6502a

gcmexico

you take care of your iphone? you put it on a rock, next to people that are standing?? LOL

tell them it stutters too much when you try to go to contacts and text msg...say it lags for more than 30 seconds...that it has to be defective

I got my iphone replaced like that

6. stevoeddz thread starter macrumors member

Alright, thanks man. I'll try that.

And the rock was about 2 feet high. He had 1 foot on the ground and the other foot on the rock... If you know what I mean? It wasn't a place NORMAL people would rest their foot!

7. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    As a shareholder, I can't condone this type of SHADY discussion. It was YOUR fault, not Apples. You people are really taking advantage of Apple's (extremely lax) return policy... :mad: I hope they tell you to take a hike... :rolleyes:

8. cristo macrumors regular

I agree. I mean, seriously, putting your new phone on the ground when you play basketball? Why didn't you just leave it at home in the first place?

9. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Actually, sounds like a perfect place for me to practice my Captain Morgan pose.

Stop whining about this. It'll get damaged at some point. Boo hoo.

10. stevoeddz thread starter macrumors member

Your right. Its only a phone. whateveee

11. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

I would be pissed too, if it really was in an obvious spot.

I wouldn't try to con Apple, though. If it's scratched so badly that you can't (don't want to) live with it, I'd demand that the guy pay for a replacement (and he gets the scratched phone). He scratched it, he bought it.