I need a new lightening cable, mine currently has a short.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gc15, Nov 23, 2014.

1. gc15 macrumors regular

Does anybody know of any deals selling any? I seen a few the past few days, but i didn't know i had a short then. Thank you.

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

I don't know how long you've had it, but you might try exchanging it at Apple. It may be covered under warranty.

3. gc15 thread starter macrumors regular

around this week last year is when i got my iPhone 5s and it has lasted me this long. Only problem is the closet apple store to me is 4 hours.

4. Mr Kram macrumors 68020

Mr Kram

5. TheMBC, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014

TheMBC macrumors 6502

Seconded. The AmazonBasics cable is great. It's thicker too, so it feels like it won't tear. Only problem is the jack plastic part is also bigger so it doesn't fit through all cases.

6. Mr Kram macrumors 68020

Mr Kram

i have bought of lot of stuff from monoprice and i like them in general, but their lightning cables are poorly made.

7. HenryDJP macrumors 603

No way. Those are not good. I've had two of them and not only that they get multiple bad reviews on monoprice.com customer feedback section. THEY WORK...but the part where the cable connects to the plug wears very quickly after just a few uses. The wire inside begins to show. Monoprice is very aware of this and replaces the cables without issue but that doesn't solve the problem. Every other cable I've bought from them has been perfect and long-lasting but not the lightning cables.

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Here's a thorough and reputable review:
    Best Lightning Cable.

And it's "lightning," by the way, not "lightening."

9. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Call AppleCare they will mail you a new cable with a prepaid label to send back the broken one.

10. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

FWIW I brought a Micro USB> Lightning adapter and paired it with the long cable I got with my PS4.

Killer combination, the adapter is securely attached to the cable which is longer and much more durable than the pathetic ones included in the box.

11. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

It's early days for me but I think the Anker cable off amazon will hold up well. I had a monoprice which lasted about a year, although the last few months it was quite frayed open but still worked. To me the Anker seems built a little better. Anyone else try one?